Play in blower

89CougarXRStick

Just a quicky...Was going to try to sell my original m90 off cougar...But seems there is play in it...Grabbing the pulley,,and moving it side to side there is about a quarter inch play...Is it scrap?????

Thanks Jeff

Scrap, not really. The blower will have some "play" but not if you were to hold the rotors and try to rotoate the pulley. Now don't ram your fingers in there and give the pulley a twist, that would hurt, alot.

They will be some play in the gears that make the pulley rotate the rotors.

How many KM's are on the blower? if they are high, then maybe its worn out bearing(s), or a coupler. Those are all replacable and fairly cheap to do either before or after its sold.

Scrap, not really. The blower will have some "play" but not if you were to hold the rotors and try to rotoate the pulley. Now don't ram your fingers in there and give the pulley a twist, that would hurt, alot.

ughhhhhh.....I had my fingers on the rotors one day lookign at something, and my friend spun the pulleyyyyyyy mannnnn pinky was brused for like 2 weeks... dont do it

The blower has 277,000km on it..For the 2 hours i drove the car,,it was building boost great..Lots of power..No noises...Just don,t want to sell a scrap blower to anyone....But i guess i,ll sell it cheap then...Thanks..

you could buy a new solid coupler, and there will be no play at all if that would make you feel better. the stock coupler has a spring in that allows it to have play.

Victor at spinning-wheels sells um. he dosen't have them listed seperatly on his website, but i know for a fact he sells them seperate, as I have bought one. just call 352-732-5013.. you'll have it like 2 days after you order it...;) and i think its only like $25 if i remember correctly

Just fyi.....we had a solid coupler on my old blower and it was loud as hell. Sounded like crap, replaced it with the stock spring coupler and the noise was totally gone.

Maybe it was just me...

Back