Fuel injector Q's

Paulio91184

1. If i get an mpx blower what injectors will i have to use? i was told 42#

2. Will upgrading fuel injectors kill my gas mileage at times when i'm not under boost?

1. If i get an mpx blower what injectors will i have to use? i was told 42#

2. Will upgrading fuel injectors kill my gas mileage at times when i'm not under boost?

What is the HP goal you have. I have 42lb injectors I am selling right now and am upgrading to 60s You start overdriving 20 to 25%, cam and good heads & the 42s will not be enough. You stick in bigger injectors and it will affect the idle quality and gas milage to some degree.

Ken

not sure

the mpx is a great deal. i want to maintain stock internals and drivability since its my daily driver. i want to keep over 20mpg on the highway. as for hp goals i don't really have any but 275 rwhp sounds good!!

the mpx is a great deal. i want to maintain stock internals and drivability since its my daily driver. i want to keep over 20mpg on the highway. as for hp goals i don't really have any but 275 rwhp sounds good!!

The 42s will work good for you at that goal. More HP will almost always kill gas milage to some extent. I personally dont know a lot about the MPX except to get the goodie out of it it needs to be overdriven like 20% or more. If your goals are 275 you might want to pick up a MP111 or Mp11 blower that someone might be selling to upgrade to the MPX. Both those blowers will make 275 HP with ease with the supporting mods. The MPX seems to be what a lot of guys are going to that are shooting for 400 RWHP on a M90 so it might be over kill for your goals.

Ken

thanks

thanks ken, what is an mp11? i've never even heard of it. what supporting mods would i need for 275? BTW o am making my own FMIC soon so that should help too.its 24x12x3!!!3 inch pipes!!

thanks ken, what is an mp11? i've never even heard of it. what supporting mods would i need for 275? BTW o am making my own FMIC soon so that should help too.its 24x12x3!!!3 inch pipes!!

There has been many upgrades on the M90 blower over the years. Right now the MPX is the top M90 before that the MP111 and before that the MP11. If you can pick up an earlier high performace blower it will be enough to support the 275RWHP. The FMIC will help hold down the heat and flow better than a stock IC. If you ACT temps get to high than the computer will pull timing on the top end costing you HP. You would need
70 or 75MM throttle body
76MM Mass Air Sensor with low restriction air filter
15% over drive. You need to have the FMIC in place
A good free flowing exhaust. Ported exhaust manifolds if possible
The 42lb injectors
Larger fuel pump
SCT chip and tuned
Underdrive pulleys would help

Even with those mods you will likely fall short of your goal. Like most guys, who started like you are now, we found that to acheive quick easy HP goals you need to install a cam and better heads. I had almost every bolt on mod in the book and still couldnt pull 275 RWHP. I hope my new modifacations get me to my goals but time will tell

Ken

cool

cool ken thanks. i want to keep the motor internally stock, so i guess 275 is out but even 240-250 should get me in the low 14's right? thats all i want for now until i can get another daily driver.

Back