Help! Gasket question...

shotbirdsc

I'm installing my 26199 MLS head gaskets on my car, my question when I align the gasket on the passenger side the "front" label is to the back of the engine. Do I rotate the gasket so the "front" label is to the front? which would mean the gasket is upside down?:confused:

I can't think straight tonight!

Thanks
Eric

Front always means Front even if the word doesnt face up. The coolant passages on most all Fords are different fron front to rear.

I wasn't sure until I looked at my old gaskets and figured out which water passages needed to be open etc. Thanks for the replies.

MLS gaskets have a left and right hand gasket (not 2 of the same gasket). If using felpro composite gaskets then the gaskets are the same and one side is flipped over. It's very important to keep the tab that says front towards the front of the motor.

David

MLS gaskets have a left and right hand gasket (not 2 of the same gasket). If using felpro composite gaskets then the gaskets are the same and one side is flipped over. It's very important to keep the tab that says front towards the front of the motor.

David

The new 26199 MLS is the same for left and right so they are flipped for the passenger side so the front stays to the front and the water passages are correct. The 26199 actually have the 89-95 SC as their application. The 9262/9263 gaskets have a left and right.

I hope that this is true, I used them the way that I described.

I'm in the process of using the same gaskets and I called the fel-pro tech line 1-800-325-8886(If anyone needs there #) and they said yes just flip the gasket over.As lont as the word front is at the front of the motor you're good to go it doesn't matter that its on the bottom side of the gasket.

Jay

Back