Coolant Pressure?

Dr1c

Don't know what's wrong or where to start looking but when car is cool(Anytime) I take off rad cap start motor and coolant overflows.Pretty sure it should not do it? Rad plugged? Temp reads normal but I know the gauge could be wrong.Any Ideas?

Hmm, if you think it's plugged it's not hard to remove. Replace your thermostat as well if it hasn't been done in awhile, don't think that’s the problem but it's a good thing to do, buy a ford one.

1. Drain system at drain cock and loosen burp screw
2. Remove upper radiator hose
3. Remove fan (Two screws and an electrical wire)
4. Disconnect lower radiator hose and inspect
5. Remove intercooler and position upper IC tube out of the way (four nuts)
6. Remove radiator (two screws)

Give it a good flushing

Someone chime in if I forgot something

-B

hold up, you shouldint have to remove anything yet....

Is your overflow tank bubbleing?

What other symptoms are you experiencing?

hold up, you shouldint have to remove anything yet....

Is your overflow tank bubbling?

What other symptoms are you experiencing?

I't was slightly,like a bubble every couple seconds but i seen someone put on a 13 psi cap so replaced it and now it does not bubble.Low speed fan does not come on when a/c is on? but fan comes on when needle goes over "m".Sits @ high side of "m" when idleing goes to low side "M" when cruiseing at hiway speed

Last edited:
If you have done any maintenance recently on your cooling system, it may bubble for a few hundred miles until it bleeds all the air out. These things are a royal PIA to get bled. If it is still bubbling after a few hundred miles of driving, you need to check for symptoms of HG, like exhaust gas in your coolant. They can seep and cause this symptom. The last one I saw that bubbled due to HG's would only do it right after a boosted run, you could open the hood and bubbles every time.
If your fan doesn't come on when at a stop with the AC on, then something is wrong there. Back when my A/C was broken, I pulled the A/C pressure switch plug and jumped the two wires together, then unplugged the compressor and used my A/C button to turn on the fan. This should work for you. Search here for IRCM problems and consider doing the cut wire and tap trick to turn on the low speed fan. Its normal for an SC to climb up to midway or to the M on the highway. The fan turns off at around 45MPH and up. A hot SC will not last long. :)

I'm going to do the Cut & tap with a switch but for now did the a/c thing and my fan comes on.So fan must be alright,coolant gauge runs around "O" with it on.My defrost puts it on too,guess thats normal

Back