Clutch opinions

Feld

It's time to replace the clutch in my '94 and decided to get a few opinions on what would be a good choice.

It will be a street car that will see strip time every once in a blue moon, but won't be driven lightly all the time.:p

Mods (and soon to be mods) are:

76mm MAF
75mm TB
M112
60# injectors
2 1/4 dual exhaust (magnaflow res as an X pipe)
Tune

I am the only driver and I have strong legs so pedal weight won't be a problem, but I would like to keep all my organs to buy it. ;)

I went with a spec stage one and I love it. It is much better than the stock piece. The thing grabs great and the pedal is not too much stiffer. I have also heard the centerforce is good but I have never used one so I can not say anything about them.

clutch

centerforce all the way might have to sell a finger or two but soft clutch pedal feel and huge clamping forces.

Could someone fill me in on the major differences between Centerforce, LUK, and Spec? It seems to be a 'love it or hate it' situation with Centerforce and Spec, are the major differences just pedal feel and such or is there a large difference in the grabbing ability between them?

I love my CenterForce DF. The Spec 3 breaks Super Coupes. I saw another one bite the dust at Fun Ford. It broke his axle at the CV joint. If you get a Spec, stay with the Stage I or II depending on your power level.

Back