How difficult..........

get 94/95 blower w/ inlet plenum, unbolt stock blower, bolt on 94/95 w/ inlet... cakee..and if your 90 dosent have the egr just get a blockoff plate for the 94/95 inlet bc it will have one..

I figured it was that easy, but I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for the feedback. Now how much will it actually improve my performance?

Depends...You can get pretty good performance out of the later blower. But you have to do some....EXTRA stuff to it. Your #30s (injectors) are going to be your new limiting factor. You will then want to port the blower and shove in a set of #42s, and hopefully you will have exhaust done by that time. Its a discouraging process...that you will learn to love.

Chris

As Chris said, exhaust is a must anytime you start adding intake performance.

The stock injectors for the 94/95 were 36 lb versus the 30's in the oval port blowers. The fuel pump was also a little bit better but you should upgrade to a 190 lph or 255 lph even better.

Exhaust first

As Chris said, exhaust is a must anytime you start adding intake performance.

The stock injectors for the 94/95 were 36 lb versus the 30's in the oval port blowers. The fuel pump was also a little bit better but you should upgrade to a 190 lph or 255 lph even better.

Putting a '94 - '95 supercharger in an '89 - '93 is easy. All you need is the late model supercharger and matching intake plenum.

I put a '94 supercharger on my '90 without working on the exhaust or upgrading the stock injectors. There was a nice increase in power. But, it didn't take too long, less than 1,000 miles, with that setup before the headgasket on the right bank gave out.

Before switching superchargers, get a free flowing exhaust.

Eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Soooo....you looking for a late model SC with the correct inlet for the early car and a 70mm t-body? Just so happens I have a *ahem* spare...

Chris

Chris,

Can't help noticing the SSautochrome thing. What's with that? Any details.

Thanks guys, I suppose I'll do exhaust first. I already have a 95 parts car. All I need is the motivation and the funding. I am in the process of reassembling after replacing headgaskets and thought I might as well do the conversion while I'm at it. But I guess I'll wait til I can get the exhaust done. I contribute part of the head gasket failure to my CAI and 5% pulley, and the fact that I don't know if they've ever beenm replaced with 128k miles. Anywho, keep the suggestions coming as I am still somewhat of a rookie with forced induction.

Putting a '94 - '95 supercharger in an '89 - '93 is easy. All you need is the late model supercharger and matching intake plenum.

I put a '94 supercharger on my '90 without working on the exhaust or upgrading the stock injectors. There was a nice increase in power. But, it didn't take too long, less than 1,000 miles, with that setup before the headgasket on the right bank gave out.

Before switching superchargers, get a free flowing exhaust.

Eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

so u think u popped ur headgaskets cuz u upgraded the supercharger and didnt do hte exhaust too ??

The SC's and even the 3.8 LX are notorious for insufficient exhaust from the factory. Combined with the 'torque to blow my engine apart' factory head bolts and hg failure is inevitable.

Anything bolt on that can increases the amount of boost the blower makes (Jackshaft pulley, underdrives, SC overdrive pulley, MP crank pulley, MAF/TB) also increases the demand on the exhaust system that already sucks.

When you do change HG's use arp studs instead of any bolt. They have 5 times the clamping force.

Back