Pictures of my new headlights and clear corners

slipknot1212121

couple of crappy cell phone pictures...I bought the headlights of ebay for $110 with xenon bulbs and the clear corners for $22, I think it was worth it.. what do yall think??

Attachments

• lightssc1jpg.JPG
    lightssc1jpg.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 167
  • lightssc2jpg.JPG
    lightssc2jpg.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
I need to do the same thing on my 91. Do you have any contact info on the place you bought them from...I don't use ebay.

David

Personally, I don't see that fascination with the clear corners. I think the amber lenses add a little color.
Plus, it makes us look like we are chasing the 'rice' crowd.

Personally, I don't see that fascination with the clear corners. I think the amber lenses add a little color.
Plus, it makes us look like we are chasing the 'rice' crowd.

clear corners don't make our cars look like were chasing the ricer crowd but if you were to put some projector type headlights in or some kind of chrome tail light lenses then i'd say yes, imo the amber stock corners are plan UGLY, supercoupes look alot sleeker with clear corners.:D looks real nice slipnot

Wow those headlights look great. I am really tempted to get a set now. Mine are so yellow and since I put the clear corners in they are even worse by comparison. Are the bulbs any good that came with them, and do the headlights fit well compared to the OEM housings?

yea

I was going to just sand and polish mine but the inside will still be aged... so one day i just said ~~~~ andbought them and I would say it was worth it 110% and they fit perfectly ... and dave, I bought the headlights and clear corner from 2 different places...Ill see if there still in my ebay and get the info...

Looks good. I bought new headlights on Ebay last year and it was the best $110 I ever spent. Got crystal clear headlights to go with the crystal clear corners now.

New headlights and clear corners made an incredable diffrence. It was like comparing a smiling good looking gal with ugly yellow teeth and one with perfect white teeth. Your first impression is the ugly yellowed lens on the front even if the car has a nice paint job on it. Some of the best money spent

Ken

Clearly, I am in the minority, but I like the yellow stock lenses. I certainly don't equate it with yellow teeth!
To each his own, I suppose!

Clearly, I am in the minority, but I like the yellow stock lenses. I certainly don't equate it with yellow teeth!

I didnt word that well. My headlights were very yellow in apearance when I bought the car and they were what made the car look old. I do perfer the clean look of the clear side lights, but that just me, I wasnt comparing the side lights to yellow teeth just the yellowing of the headlights

Ken

I need to do the same thing on my 91. Do you have any contact info on the place you bought them from...I don't use ebay.

David

I bought my headlamps for my 94 from RockAuto.com and i know they stocked them for the 89-93's as well. They were DEPO brand, direct fit and they are beautiful. Mine were $45 each

New Lamps are Great

I picked up a set of NOS date-correct headlamps for my car a few months ago. WOOOHOOOOO, they look good. Came with the adjusters, bulbs and all (don't ask on price). I bought my OEM corners straight from Ford (they're still available), for $130 delivered to my door. Well worth what I paid for everything; the new lamps look like jewelry.

Now I need a pair of NOS fog lamps to finish it off. Mine are excellent, but look a LITTLE dull next to the new H/L's and parks.

JD

Kit, I'm with you on the clear corners. Makes the car look "bleached out" in front. - JD

I personally agree with you. I think clear corners look trashy on thunderbirds. They just scream rice because it's so obvious that they don't belong on the car. In my book it's no different than putting Altezza's on a Camry. It's not clean if they draw your attention to them, and that's the first thing I notice when I see a thunderbird with them. We probably are in the minority, but I think those things kill what would otherwise be really classy, tastefully modded cars. They just look so cheap.

I personally agree with you. I think clear corners look trashy on thunderbirds. They just scream rice because it's so obvious that they don't belong on the car. In my book it's no different than putting Altezza's on a Camry. It's not clean if they draw your attention to them, and that's the first thing I notice when I see a thunderbird with them. We probably are in the minority, but I think those things kill what would otherwise be really classy, tastefully modded cars. They just look so cheap.

I thought you liked the clear corners on my 35th?

Shane

Back