Boost gauge normal operations...

jgrenell

Ok so total newbie question here.

How does the boost gauge look when it is functioning perfectly normal. What should I expect to see.

A video would be great... Some of youtube are close...

thanks.

jg

Last edited:
I don't have a video, but it IS normal to bounce between VAC and BOOST, depending on how you are driving. When coasting down the highway, you will be in VAC. As you accelerate, the gauge will swing towards boost. The faster you press the pedal, the faster the gauge will swing to BOOST. As soon as you let off the gas, the gauge will swing back to VAC very quickly.

Hope this makes sense or someone else can elaborate a little.

Thanks.

How much boost should you see when the car is driving around town. You know like normal driving.

I found some vids on Youtube, but of course everyone is flooring it...

jg

There are really too many variables. Maybe you should post what yours is doing and we can say if it's normal or not.

Thanks.

How much boost should you see when the car is driving around town. You know like normal driving.

I found some vids on Youtube, but of course everyone is flooring it...

jg

You shouldn't see any boost unless your on the throttle hard.

David

You shouldn't see any boost unless your on the throttle hard.

David

you should really say 1/4 or more because i start to get 2-5 psi just over 1/4throttle but thats mostly when taking off. 1/4 throttle at about 45mph i can get about 2-3 psi so like it was said it depends on alot...

Ok thanks guys. I do not have an SC yet. Been test driving and just wondering what it should look like. Sounds like the gauge was working correctly.

Thanks again.

jg

I was taking some pictures and decided to get a video of the boost which is currently uploading.

When the boost goes to 20 or below in vacuum than that is no throttle, I also give it half throttle for a second just to show what that should look like.

Edit, ok here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLtfzeh4uOA

Back