Well.... After 2 years it did not start Yet :{

ricardoa1

Well I think I am a victim again to the cam sensor being 180 deg off. Car did not start after all. I cant get it to fire, a few pops and burps but, by then the engine gets flooded with fuel. I gave up and will confirm it tomorow, when I clear my head.
The new starter that I replaced now clicks from the abuse. :mad:
I unpluged the Cam Sensor and It doesnt help because the car is flooded for the next try.
Damn this sensor bites me again, I Though I had it right. Ill confirm tomorow but thats all I can think it is.

Anyone know if oil is heavier then gasoline? What goes to the top?
The fresh oil is probably junk. I can smell it full of gasoline.
Ill replace it once I get the car started. No sense changing it and not being able to figure it out in time and pollute the fresh oil.
But does fuel go to the top? or down. I dont want the pick up to suck it and wash the bearings.

it will mix with oil..Drain...Also just use some 30 weight oil chepa stuff till you get it running ..No sence wastin teh good stuff

Well double checked, triple checked, and quadruplo checked. The Cam sensor was right were it was supposed to be. 26deg ATDC. I had someone wait till the spark plug blew air and spun the engine to the timing marks. Sensor was half moon towards the engine and bottom tip between the grove on the wall.
Double checked the valves and they are closed at that position. Rockers up.
Spun the engine one turn. To double check and the valves were open rockers down. No air came out of the spark plug hole. Half moom was facing the front of the car 180 the other way.....
I am at a loss. Car is not starting. :mad: :confused:
Could it be the plugs fouled for good. I never had plugs being to the point were the car is not starting. Has anyone had problems with spark plugs to that point. Mine are double plat.

I tried the pedal down crank to shut the injectors off, then released the pedal on the same crank and nothing. Maybe some burps but no pops or signs of starting. Do the injectors turn on when you release the pedal or does it stay off till the you crank it again?

Oh. I did install the BHJ balancer and the crank sensor ring, I bolted it on the first pattern that allowed me to bolt on. Is there a way of screwing the install up?

Plugs are most likely too fouled to run, get some new ones (standard coppers). Do you have a chip calibrated for your injectors? Is it the same setup you had way back when?

Plugs are most likely too fouled to run, get some new ones (standard coppers). Do you have a chip calibrated for your injectors? Is it the same setup you had way back when?

Same plugs as back then too.

Yeah,
Less cam then before. Specs are on my profile. Your tune on the file. Dont remember what position for the switch though. I tried 0 1 2. Is the file permanent, or will being unplugged for 2 years erase it?
LMAF and the same 55s. Only thing is the S/C but that should not matter.

Last edited:
Also make sure the wires are on the correct plugs.

I put mine back together once and tried to start it and did the same thing you're sayin. thought it was the sensor was gettin ready to pull it apart and decided to check the wires. they were wrong fixed them and tried again still no start, then relized i goofed the wires again. fixed them then it started right up. I started workin on it at 5pm and finished at 5am probably why i keeped mixin up the wires.

Same plugs as back then too.

Yeah,
Less cam then before. Specs are on my profile. Your tune on the file. Dont remember what position for the switch though. I tried 0 1 2. Is the file permanent, or will being unplugged for 2 years erase it?
LMAF and the same 55s. Only thing is the S/C but that should not matter.

Most likely position -0- but I don't remember either. I generally always put the base tune on -0- and then other positions would have been for race fuel or something like that. Check your plugs and if they are fouled put in some autolite 764's and try again.

{edit} Geez, that's a lot of camshaft. I thought you were going milder this time??? :eek: That's more cam than you had before.

I am now a believer of fouled spark plugs. I put some copper jobs in there and vrrrom. I forgot how loud the car is. What an awsome feeling. I changed the oil too. Lots of metal in flakes in there and it was very diluted. About a quart extra.
Cam seems nice. It doesnt really want to stall after reving up. Lets hope it stays that way.

On a bad not I went to pick up my new Vanity plates that I had ordered.
It was supposed to say TBRD SC and the inmate stamped it TBRD 03.
Not happy with that. I had to get generic plates for now. Well I am officially back in the SC game. :D

YAHH RICOOOOOOO..If you show up at Carlisle however I will not have a good shot at winning the class...Hmmmm maybe you shouldnt go.... haha

Back