Running on 4??

spetz01

Same thing as last year happened again. Every time I pull off The SC and the throttle body and put it back together, I only run on 4 cylinders.

Last summer I fixed a leak and when reassembled it ran poor...played with it and all the sudden it's back on all 6.

This time I just installed a FMIC so I had the SC off, pulled all the plugs and checked their gap (.55) and re ran the plug wires neater.

I'm using Livewires...They seem crowded on top of the coil pack, but i've done my best with looms to keep them routed. I suspect the passenger side as the exaughst pops on that side.

Any ideas???? when it cools down I'm going to pull the boots and re-check them. Headers were a little to warm.

I have heard of the DIS causing the engine to run on 4 as a limp home mode..... It may need the heat sink compound replaced between it and the Jackshaft bracket.

Are you sure your plug wires are connected to the coil in the right order? Some manuals list the order incorrectly.

Something similar happened to me once, same symptoms, no codes.

Have you replaced the DIS? Does it feel like its running out of gas? What happens when you floor it?

I have 2 DIS's and i've tried both. I haven't really tried flooring it yet..fear to damagesomething i guess.

I'm playing hookie from work this afternoon (I've been to Drayton Valley and back all ready) so i'm gonna try a few other things.

Pulled the ECU out and removed the chip. I removed all the looms from the spark plug wires and tightened the hell out of the IC couplings. Now she idle's but back fire quite a bit on the passenger side only.

That was the original idea....

Thats mid length headers, truu dual 2 1/2" and Magna flows right by the rear skirt. It was pretty rough sounding so I added resonators to dampen it some. It no longer makes that "import" sound.

That was the original idea....

Thats mid length headers, truu dual 2 1/2" and Magna flows right by the rear skirt. It was pretty rough sounding so I added resonators to dampen it some. It no longer makes that "import" sound.

what ever you have in that video i like it if its that inport sound or not......

i have the stock pipes on mine with no cats no res no mufflers;) and yours sounds way better im thinkin of gettin mufflers like flow master or somthing with in that line..

thanks for the respond bro...

Back