My new toy...w/pics!

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
100_1227.jpg

Its a 1991 model 30' Fleetwood wilderness

Central air and forced air heat(ducts for both)
Master bedroom w/Queen bed
2 doors
awning
microwave
gas/electric fridge
gas/electric water heater
couch
recliner
built in stereo system
fairly new good-year tires..

everything works great! so far its been a blast!! glad i opted for the good old 350 vortech instead of a no tourque 5.4 triton! Got a reese wieght distributing hitch (a must for a large bumper pull) for $50 with 1000lb spring bars... Makes it MUCH better..... Ran it across a scale with the water tank full and i'm at 12,690lbs with truck and trailer all my camping crap and bicycles.. ran a whole tank of gas through the truck pulling it and got 13.5mpg so not too bad! I've been running 3rd not even going to attempt OD i don't feel like buying a new tranny and i've got 3.42 gears so its not to bad...

Hey Jacob, is your SC on the road? Last I read, you were having engine problems. Congrats on the new toy. :D

No my motor is back from the machine shop but i'm waiting on my cam to come in and a couple other parts to put her back together..

Glad to hear it's coming along! What happened anyway? Rod bearing?

I just met a few of the guys in Louisville with SC's - Jeff Bratton and a guy named Mike - on Sunday. I had asked if Jeff invited you or not, but apparently he doesn't know you! I didn't have the chance to let you know, since I didn't know until a few hours before they all wanted to meet! :eek: Next time he's supposed to give me a call earlier (or hopefully post it on here in addition to the TCCoA) If and when, I'll let you know... ;)

Spun rod bearing on number 4.. got the whole shortblock re-done at Terrel automotive machine in salem ran my $825 with parts and labor.. recond the rods turned the crank bored it .20 (i believe cant remember off top of my head).. Just waiting on cam and need to get a BHJ balancer and i'll be putting it back together... well i need to port my other head too.... (got one done...) Hope i can remember were everything goes since its been so long!

glad i opted for the good old 350 vortech instead of a no tourque 5.4 triton!

LMAO!!!

Well I am glad that you like your cheby. Actually since working for Jegs the employees there have been tempting me to buy a old classic cheby for a cruiser. Parts for chebys are so incredibly cheap.

Shane

LMAO!!!

Well I am glad that you like your cheby. Actually since working for Jegs the employees there have been tempting me to buy a old classic cheby for a cruiser. Parts for chebys are so incredibly cheap.

Shane

they for the 5.0 too!

LMAO!!!

Shane

Shane do you work in one of the Jeg's stores or at the distribution wharehouse? I ask because I have a friend who works at the original store in Columbus.

Charles

Shane do you work in one of the Jeg's stores or at the distribution wharehouse? I ask because I have a friend who works at the original store in Columbus.

Charles

Charles,

I work in the original retail store on 11th ave in Columbus. What is your friends name?

Shane

Back