5SPD transmission guestion?

tomE30

is a 5 spd out of a 3.8 mustang the same as a SC's 5spd trans, just wondering because mines in pretty bad shape.2nd trans ive been through and my 2nd one was out of a mazda pickup i believe.

Not sure if they are the same but I do know the 5-speed SCs run an M5R2 tranny that was original equipment in Mazda pick ups.

Sounds like it was used.
The mustangs dont use our trans. I would do a rebuild on your. Dont replace with a used one unless it was also rebuilt. These trans are not slick and dont like to be abused, Treat it nice and it will last a long time.

well,i put that trans. through hell and i dont think it was rebuilt(my dad owned it at the time) so ill start looking for a rebuilt one ,but id rather rebuild mine , would be alot cheaper,but i have never attempted to rebuild a trans before,does anyone know where i could find info on how to do so or is it not really that hard to do?

im pretty sure its too late to make this tranny last any longer, i have a hard time getting it to go into 1-3rd gear, but its worth a try.

Back