What 4r70w Will Fit?

ThunderCoupe94

I know a bunch of different vehicles use the 4r70w transmission but I am new to the drivetrain modding of my SC. Will they all bolt up or am I in for a treat having to get one specifically for a SuperCoupe?

Anyone who has some info they could lend me it would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance guys...

Jay

There are two cases for the 4r70w .. the one for the V8 and V6 .. you'll need one that came from a V6. The later model ones have better internals ( ie, 98+ .. but you will need to change out some stuff to make it work. And on that note, I believe the SC 4r70w's have the same amount of clutch plates as the v8's .. the V6's do not. )

- Dan

4r70w

hey i just put a 02 mustang trans in my 95 sc. another guy i know put in a 03 mustang trans in his 95. these are v6 trans. i had to swap the vss and the black box thats near where the linkage hooks up. do a search lots of people have done these swaps. hope this helps don

And Repin the connector. The output shafts have adifferent tooth count as well. 03 transmissions have hardened gearsets so are difinately worth using but the output shaft on them has no teeth on it you have to swap yours in which requires a complete teardown.
Alan

Back