stereo head unit with cd control

mercury

Hi everyone-
I recently bought a factory radio at a swap meet. It consisted of a am/fm cassette head unit, amplifier, 10 disc cd changer, and subwoofer. After playing with the cut wires and reading factory wiring diagrams,(not for the right year, but close enough that I could figure it out), it finally came alive and works great. I also have another 10 disc changer that I picked up in a salvage yard awhile back, when I plug it in it also works. So, while I was roaming the salvage yard the other day, I found two more head units that look very similar- one has the same configuration of buttons on the front and the other one is the same except instead of 6 preset buttons, it has 5 and a clock button. After I got home, I removed the jumper from the plug ins on the two new ones,(the plug ins on the back of all three are the same), and plugged them into the harness I have set up on the bench. While both of the radios worked neither one of them will run the cd changer. Does anyone know if there is any way to make these work the cd changer? All three radios carry a 1993 part number on the side(all are different but still all 93's). My manuals for a 94 Thunderbird refer to the head unit as a pac cddj. Nowhere do they say on any of the buttons cd. When you push the play/prog button in the radio mode it turns on the cd player-at least the one does. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks! Jim

Back