Power Package

Are the silencer ports welded? I was under the impression that they needed to be welded when that many degrees of intake port had been opened up? To ensure the rotors will seal.

Jason

no, the silencer ports are not welded, i believe i read on most porting jobs that the only reason they weld em shut is to make more SUPERCHARGER WHINEEE noise....

Are the silencer ports welded? I was under the impression that they needed to be welded when that many degrees of intake port had been opened up? To ensure the rotors will seal.

Jason

i believe a mp iii still has the silencer ports with the opened up intake (smiley face):D

The only reason to weld up the silencer ports on an otherwise stock blower is for the noise (and loosing a little power). You get to a point when you need to close some or all of it up to make sure your not open to the ATM and boosted sides at the same time. Should be just more the the degrees between one lobe and the next, at opposing ends, in the direction of rotation.

Jason

We had a big debate for years on this that had finally been laid to rest that they were indeed silencer ports. And that some gain can be had by welding them up.

The sound increase is evident although i highly doubt anyone has done baclk to back sound measurments to proove that. I also dont believe anyone has done before and after testing on what the exact effect is by just closingthem up.

Perhaps Chales Warner has as you will see some of his creations lacking them nowadays

I'm hurt nowhere did you state this was mannysc modified parts .

lol wish I had painted them you were gonna powdercoat them so i didn't use any fillers to smooth them out

who got the stuff anyway?

Last edited:
yes just trying make some money im broke at the moment bailed out my kids they dont know how to manage credit cards and one needed a car one moved back in with us its hell. so now im broke again but hey money comes easy ill just sell my behind on the street corner lol

my son may buy my 91 sc from me so ill get back at you soon .

Guilty as charged...

I am the new owner of these parts, or will be once they get to me. Unfortunately, I tend to be a stealth SC owner, not making it out to anything except Dyno Day with Dalke last summer. My intentions are to become more involved in club activities, but it always seems that life gets in the way of living.

I've read various posts along the way regarding MannySC's work, so I feel real fortunate to have gotten the win on this one. On that note, I'd like to hear more about, or get directed to the discussions regarding the silencer ports before I install these. Any info is always appreciated.

cool you will notice the parts are in rough shape i didnt do much smoothing or filling the parts were going to be powder coated so that left out filling in with metal fill i ussually use a high temp alluminum epoxy its good to 1100 deg f

but we didnt know if he could have any on the parts to be powder coated so i shiped them off in semi rough shape . didnt polish insides figured powder coat would leave a smooth surface and needed a course surface to cling to.

I didnt seal the noise ports didnt think the 1/2 hp was worth the work envolved..

I didnt charge my ussual high price for this job but I didnt do a fancy polish on them either. mostly because darkstar is a local and he wanted a good deal on the parts money is hard to come by here in so calif .

so i do some work for peples that want to do their own finsh polishing it saves me work and saves them money some guys just want it welded up and do the rest them selfs . im versital any questions on the parts or any flaws you find let me know Ill fix it free i stand behind my stuff evem after a sale or ttwo. so email me for info or call 909-475-8352 ill help all i can.

That makes me think...

I never considered the insides would be powder coated, as I thought it was for cosmetics anyway. I did want to get it done, but didn't want to hold Darkstar up and was struggling with whether I wanted it done, what color, etc, etc! Anyway, do you recommend a particular aluminum epoxy for the cosmetics on the outside and what I should do to polish the insides??
Darkstar indicated they would ship by week's end, so I assume they are already on their way to me, otherwise I might consider asking what it would cost to have you polish the insides for me.

I can appreciate what you are saying about money. Living in Cleveland, OH, I see the angst of poverty every day. While I do fairly well, I work hard to stay there and my business tends to florish in weak economies. As a native Californian, I don't think I could afford to live there today! My opinion is we're due for a new revolution. Our present Democracy no longer works as designed and we've reverted to an imperial system that rewards bad behavior, not hard work. OK, I'm not even going to get on that soapbox right now!

Back