Fuel pressure gauge

SC Spyder

What are the alternatives for installing a fuel pressure gauge? Is an adaptor of some sort needed to mount a guage on the fuel rail?

Doug

where do you want the actual guage?

most folks 'splice' into the fuel line (near the rail) with a 't' fitting, then add a remote sending unit there. Then just run the wiring (3 wires) back up into the cabin and into your guage.

Gauge location,

I origianally had considered on the engine just for dianostic purposes, so I suppose a tee, nipple and mechanical gauge.

unless you need to leave it on all the time - you can pickup a mechanical guage with a bleeder and the right connector to fit on the scharder valve from the local autozone, pep boyz, advance. I use this when I an working under the hood.

I have a liquid filled BBK mounted on my fuel rail. I unscrewed the shrader valve and theaded in a 45% elbow and a coupler to the gauge. It works great but it's almost in the way. If I'm tightening the collar nut and my wrench slips the gauge is doomed. So far, so good. If I need to uncouple the fuel line I just wait until the gauge reads 0. You can also get a gauge with a shrader valve chuck that you can plug onto it and read the pressure whenever you want. Well, not going down the highway but the rail mount won't help you there either.

Great ideas

Those are great ideas. No tsure if I will leave in in place. Still tying to fit everything into a two foot wide engine bay.

Diffinetly be cool to leave it in all the time for the wow factor but the reality is, it will only be used for trouble shooting and these engines are trouble free! Aren't they? Please reasure me! ;)

Tks..

SCP sells a kit just for this purpose that mounts on the schrader valve port on the fuel rail.Just take the valve out and screw the fitting and gausge assy on and you're done.

Jay

The gauge from SCP I would avoid. Within a couple of weeks the clear bezel on mine has discolored and fogged and the actual gauge inside has browned. Plus you have to take off the SC top top spin it onto the fuel rail.

Back