San Antonio , TX meet,anyone interested?

freebienova

So i have had my 1989 sc for a while , dont see many in town , i drive mine every day , like to get some guys together maybe on the weekend just for lunch or dinner and a get together so i could know more people , not a full blown show or anything , just kinda want to see if anyone is interested , let me know we can set up some contacts , Thanks Bill:D

Sounds Good

I'm in, if there's enough advance notice. Maybe a Sat afternoon deal or ? What part of town are you in? I'm in the NE, so I'd obviously prefer that area. Lot's of good eating places with good (safe) parking. I'm not going to take mine anywhere I can't keep an eye on it, or park WELL away from everyone else. How about somewhere around the Forum area? Anyone?

JD

i live over on the north side of town by 410 and west ave , but i would be down for anywhere i go all over on friday nights for cruzin (austin hwy with the street rodders and biff buzbys over by the forum , i switch cars around it depends on what i feel like driving that night , let me know if others are interested we could shoot for this coming saturday, or sunday or something lets , Bill:D

i would be interested too, im in austin, but neither of my scs are in commission right now, and it would be about a month before I would be ready. I would be willing to go just to meet some other owners in the area though, would have to roll the contour :(

Planning

Well, let's figure something out. Questions to be answered:

1) Do we want to meet by ourselves, or as part of another show/cruise/get-together?

2) What day and time works best (ie: Fri evening, Sat afternoon, Sat night, etc.)?

3) Just hanging out, or getting together for food (dinner, etc.)?

4) If food, what type (What-a-Burger, Chili's, nicer place)?

Let's discuss and figure out a place/time. We don't all need to have our cars there to make it fun; it's primarily about the people. And, it'll serve as inspiration for those who's cars aren't ready yet. Also a good place to network for parts/help/ideas, etc.

Anyone?

JD

i can check tomorrow and see what all is up with my schedule , check the weather and such , i am pretty easy when it comes to planning things , ill check and post tommorow with some info so we can get in touch , thanks for the intrest guys ,look forward to meeting yall! Bill :D

Saturday afternoons and Sundays are good for me.Look forward to meeting everyone,JD and I have already met ......

saturday afternoon is good for me, I would prefer for a sc meet due to common interest. I would be down for dinner, but nothing too expensive, I do have a sc to sink cash into after all :p.

Ditto,Ditto,Ditto...................................Seats are in upholstery shop right now

Last edited:
How about saturday afternoon to evening , open for suggestions on food , maybe somewhere going out i35 if it suits eveyones direction , it can just be us sc guys , let me know , thanks Bill:D

Okay so how about someplace within all of our areas , i live on the north side of s.a. but will drive anywhere , so even if its like that rudys bbq off 35 im game for anything ,Bill:D

what is the date we are talkin about doing this, ill be driving down from austin, so if someone familiar with the area could help me find where we are going to eat that would be great, lets get this going...

well i would be up for this saturday the 5th , i kind of want to hear what some others would like to do , not much of a planner , hell , i would be open for just about anything , Bill in s.a. :D

That soon?

I'm going to be in Austin Saturday buying a car, so that's not going to work for me. Feel free to go ahead, and I'll catch the next one. - JD

Sam's Burger joint is a good place...but I am up for whatever.

I am super busy the next couple days cause my wife and I just got approved for base housing. w00t!

Back