should i use the solid coupler or keep this one ?

thunderkid84

i just bought a 94 blower and while cleaning the oil and dirt off the rotors i noticed that the pulley was "springy". i did a search and found that it has a spring loaded coupler.

so what are the pro's and con's (if any) of the spring loaded one ?

should i just get a solid couler and get rid of this one ?

thanks

The sping loaded coupler isolates the the pulley drive shaft from from the rotors and lesson the shock from the engine pulses. There is a orange rubber section on the sping loaded coupler that isolates noise. The solid coupler does just what it says and that is couples the drive together solid, I'm sure this would be fine on an all brand new blower but in my opinion it doen't work that well on 100,000 mile blowers.

I put a sold coupler on a 100,00 mile blower when I rebuilt the nose drive and the blower had much more chatter at idle afterwards. On my 89 SC I rebuilt the blower and reused the original spring coupler and the blower sounds like new. If the sping loaded coupler is installed correctly the pulley will sping back after turning clockwise.

Jerry

I used a solid coupler in the blower I put my coated GPX rotors in, and it rattled like hades. I took it back apart and put the spring coupler back in, and it went away...

Just my .02

yea it seems to still be intact, theres no rattling when i spin it.

whats the max i could spin a 94 unported blower ?? maybe 15% ??

Back