Headgasket...question...like there isnt enough already on here...

blueovaloh87

Ok so after changing the fuel pump in the car the other night i was checking things over and found somethings i would like to fix...reminder i only purchased this car less than a year ago..motor mounts..pwr steering leak..and then theres something else... I found there to be a small and quite minor leak between the cylinder head and the block and this does worry me because i dont know this cars history on ever having the headgaskets done. I have had a few issues where it seems like the car wont stay warmed up..but "whos complaining there"..it either runs right on the "N" or below it... So my question is what do i do. I dont have to money to have someone tear this engine down and put new headgaskets on it and I dont have the knowledge to do it myself.. So can I use some sort of a sealer for the time being or should I just leave it be? The car runs great and gets great gas milage especially highway.. but i did find this leak and it has been on my mind now... and just would like to be pointed in the proper direction and are there any precautions i should be taking?

where is the leak, towards the intake manifold, or towards the exhaust manifold. you should track it down further before getting too worried. Could just be a leak at the intake or one of the sensor fittings.

There is a coolant port back there that is blocked by the intake manifold (the cross over is at the front of the manifold). It's possible you have a leaking intake manifold gasket and not a head gasket. If you are going to dig into it, you should try pulling the intake manifold before purchasing the head gaskets. You may find it's just the intake manifold gasket.

Back