Help!

T-bird Tim

Car had a bad vibration. I followed the advice of people on here and replaced the motor and tranny mounts. During this time I found out that the right rear half shaft was bad. I replaced that too. Car still vibrates noticably sitting at a stop with the brake applied. Going down the road or sitting in neutral at a stop and no vibration. Now I'm told the torque converter could be bad. Anyone have any input before I spend more money that I dont need too. Thanks!!

Check the following:

Make sure that your accessory bracket bolts are tight.

Check to make sure that your exhaust is not hitting the body.

I would think the TQ Converter would do it all the time not just in when it is in gear.

The best way to diagnose is put the car on a lift, put it in gear and check the entire drivetrain to find out where the vibration is coming from. (please use all safety measures)

I put it on a lift yesterday. With the car in gear, the only vibration was coming from the left half-shaft. It was pretty noticable. It's getting replaced today. Knowing that the driveshaft and half-shaft wouldnt be turning with the brake applied at a stop leads me to believe they would have no effect on any vibration at a stop. This is why I am suspecting the torque converter. The driveshaft shows no vibration; I will check all the accessory brackets. Thanks for the input. Any one else have any ideas please let me know.

when i bought my car after about 3 weeks it got a nasty vibrationat speed driving. couldnt tell what it was thought it was driveshaft bent or something but it was the balancer that was bad. cost alot to replace it just a suggestion. tim

Back