Valve Covers

THE BIRDMAN

Does anyone know if you can use valvecovers off another 3.8 on an SC.Maybe a set that's made out of steel instead of mag?I asking because I stripped my stock v/c's down to paint them and the stock castings aren't that great there is alot of imperfections on them.Or is there a type of bondo or something I could use on them to smooth them out that'll hold up to the heat?

Jay

Does anyone know if you can use valvecovers off another 3.8 on an SC.Maybe a set that's made out of steel instead of mag?I asking because I stripped my stock v/c's down to paint them and the stock castings aren't that great there is alot of imperfections on them.Or is there a type of bondo or something I could use on them to smooth them out that'll hold up to the heat?

Jay

'93 sc valve covers were stamped steel.

Thanks for the info I just bought another set of stock ones which hopefully will be in better shape than what I have.

Jay

Eastwood

I think Eastwood has a product that is an aluminum filler. Comes as a 2 part paste (2 part, I think). Should work with the mag valve covers. Can be shot/drilled/runover/painted/heated ----well maybe not quite all that---! If I ever get to my SC, I may have to ask you how it works! LOL

I think the oil filler tube is different on the NA vs the SC, but I have not seen them side by side. The PVC holes may be different as well.

The oil filler tube on the n/a 3.8 is on the wrong end of the valve cover. If you put it on the driver's side I think it would crash into the upper IC tube. If you put it on the passenger's side I think it would crash into the throttle body or intake somewhere. I've never tried to put an n/a cover on an SC engine, but that's what it looks like would happen. Not sure on the PCV and breather locations.

Hopefully the set I got coming will be in alot better shape than my current ones.Thanks for the info about the alumi. filler I might have to pick some up.

Jay

Back