Locked my keys inside my new bird!!

Rpdboss

I have an idea that might get my keys out. I can remove the front fender, either side. Get at the wire booty and cut that open, use wire taps to find the right set that works that electric lock, and presto that should work. my old 89 didnt lock the doors automatically unless u did it yourself. Oh my new bird is a 94 black auto with 99K. Going to fix the issues and see if i can sell or tade it for a 94-95 manual one. Did anyone have thier doors apart or a wiring diagram to help?:mad:

Why not hire the crack addict down the street, you know, the guy with the twitch and a slim jim.

Here in Surrey, BC, car theft capitol of Canada, you wouldn't even have to ask. just wait around for a few minutes and some ******** will open it for you just for the ashtray change.

sean

i got a way you can try but idk if you wanna do it to your baby......

take a coat hanger open it up take a butter knife/screw driver anything in that type of thing
use one of thos to pull the top of the door open about 1/4 inch take coat hanger and push it to the door lock(button)...

oh wait you said you had 94-95 car right idk if this will work but give it a try.. if you understand what im sayin atleast

Just call a locksmith and they will come out and unlock you door.....

I have an extra service with my cell phone plan (AllTel) that will send a locksmith out to unlock a car door (even if it isn't mine).....:cool:

I have had to use it three times, so far......:rolleyes:

Once they are at the vehicle, it only takes them about 3 minutes to get in.....

I second Eddie's advise. The cost of a locksmith will be far less than the damage you'll do to the car trying to pry/jimmy it open.

The second-best way to get inside is to break the door window. Really. This is a cheap junkyard item, and is relatively easy to change. Just tape up the glass, and pop it with an automatic center-punch. It'll drop right out. Then swap out the glass. Might be cheaper than a locksmith if you're willing to do a little work. I can get a side window at the pick-n-pull for around $20.

JD

Make that 3 votes for a locksmith. BTW, I don't see how your going to remove the fender without first opening the hood.

David

PS: Get a spare key made.

there is a keyless entnry, no code and the hood is still open.

THe previous owner didnt know the code or even if it were would be stamped somewhere. Luckly i left the hood unlatched so there is the fender option. no thats its daylight i'll take a look for more options.:mad:

Lesson learned. You may want to make an extra key and keep it in your wallet.
Yup.. I learned that lesson. I also love the keyless entry pad on the red car.
BTW, the code is printed on the alarm/keyless module in the trunk. You take the plastic cover off on the drivers side rear wheel well from inside the trunk, and the number is printed on the module. :cool:

When you get it open, look in the trunk. There should be a sticker on one of the trunk hinges. If you see one, it has your door code on it. I know they also stuck one inside the glovebox but those are hardly ever still there. I pretty much agree with everyone else on the locksmith, they can get it open quickly with no damage to your car and it's fairly cheap.

I don't know how the police are in your area, but one time I was moving stuff from North Carolina up to Michigan. The T-Bird was going on a car hauler. Of course somehow I managed to lock the keys in the car with no backup and 15 minutes before we were ready to leave. I called the cops (Apex, NC) and they came out and slim-jimmed my car open. Worth a shot anyway and it was free.

codes are on a trunk support, in the glove box, and always on the electronics module for the keyless entry. I forgot the code for one of my cars and had to find it. There is a way to find it by looking at the resistors on the circuit board for the system so I took the box out and pried it open and figured out the code. Then when putting it back together I saw the sticker on the electronics box that was the code.

Oh well.

MN-12's are easy to open, so get a locksmith and pay the bill. If you're smart you'll sign up for AAA, and if you drive any distance get the extra service to get the towing anywhere up to 150 miles.

for a nominal yearly feel you get unlimited towing, car starting, and car unlocking. Plus discounts for hotel and car rental and even discounts at NAPA.

Got it OPEN!!!

My wife had the great idea of using a small parts grabber, the one with wire claws driven by a spring on the other end. Well we got it inside the upper corner of the door, pulled the weather stripping loose, oh well. took a while to get it where we wanted ot. let it clamp on the lock post and pulled it up. Presto the door was unlocked!! ThANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!! i RECCOMEND MY WAY TO ANYONE THATS CHEAP.:)

if it had keyless entry its easy to do, just pop the keyless entry out with a screw driver and the lock/rod/fob thing is right there one push up and click the keyless back n and your done:D

Usually when I lock my keys in my car a grab a set of old keys from an MN12 I've owned (on my 8th right now) and usually wiggling a key not even made for my car will let me in.

-Tim

Back