91 sc fuel pressure problems

amcdv

Hey guys, I got a 91 sc the other day. The PO sold it cuz he couldn't get it to run. He installed a new coil, wires and plugs and then gave up. I put a pressure gauge on the fuel rail and when I first hit the key, it shoots up to 40psi.....when I bleed it off ( key still on ) it goes to ZERO....doesn't seem to maintain pressure. Ocassionally, like every 30th time or so of trying to start it, it will fire and run for maybe 30 seconds to several minutes. When it runs, its nice and smooth and revs up nicely. I replaced the fuel filter even though the old one seemed good. Any ideas on why it won't maintain pressure. Thanks in advance for any feedback... amcdv

i believe the fuel pump relay for the early model sc's like your is in the fuse box under the hood. Its different from the 94-95 and im chasing down a simular issues now.
when you get a chance if you havent already head over to tccoa.com and post up in the texas/houston chapter, that is where many of the locals post and tons of good and useless info to...we are all meeting up tomorrow.
thanks
Robert

Back