lost vaccum hose and unkown blown fuse

Rpdboss

I recently accuired a 94 auto bird. Apparently someone had removed the SC and forgot what goes where. So car had to be delievered by flatbed ($100 for 100 miles) as it wouldnt hold idle and stumbled when driven. I replaced all the cracked vaccum line i found and put them in what I believed was the right place. I lost my old digital code reader with my last SC while crossing the county. So I went oldschool and used a jumper wire and a voltmeter. Anyway it runs much better with no check engine light. I happen to find a blown fuse 30A, and a lost vaccum hose that I'm stumped over. Now all that left engine wise that I know of is stumbling at more than 5psi boost.:confused:

Attachments

• DSCF2173vaccum (Large).JPG
    DSCF2173vaccum (Large).JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCF2172arrow (Large).JPG
    DSCF2172arrow (Large).JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 93
does your ac and heat come on? Check near where the ac lines come in thats where that hose might go to

That vacuum hose goes down into the hole on the pass side fender, right under the boot.

wirexu1.jpg

Where it goes past that, I dunno, I'm assuming some portion of the A/C...

If it goes into the fender, it is for the vacuum canister. It is to old of a vehicle to have a canister purge, which is for the evaporative emissions systems in newer vehicles.

so now what about the fuse?

Maybe its for the abs since that doesnt work or even make a pump noise, but then again its a newer one than my old 89.

looks to me like the hose that plugs onto bottom part of the EGR valve back behind the throttle body next to the firewall behind the plenum....its the round thing back there...just a guess on that new of an SC though...

If it goes into the fender, it is for the vacuum canister. It is to old of a vehicle to have a canister purge, which is for the evaporative emissions systems in newer vehicles.

my 89 has wiring for a "canister purge solenoid" and has what I think is the canister purge on the front pass side kind of in the fender (is a rectangular box with 2 vac lines and a 2 wire solenoid)... But there isn't and evap system in the car...

the 30 amp fuse is for the pusher fan and the vacuum line does go down the hole below the boot like mentioned earlier

Back