SC Engine on Ebay

No way that thing only has 29k on it. Look at the heads and valve covers covered in dirt and oil. If it started leaking oil the day it was built it would never have looked that bad after that low of miles.....look again....seriously

I'd say that motor hasn't been run in a LONG TIME!!! check out the rust on the blower pulley.:eek:

This guy is just flat WRONG OR LYING on the mileage on that motor.

My Question:
"I'm interested in your SC motor, but man that thing has a ton of oil leaks from the Valve Cover if it only has 29k miles on it, are you sure it doesn't have 129k on it. Can you give me a VIN# of the car it came out of?
Thanks"

I thought I asked a pretty friendly, reasonable question to the guy but guess he didn't see it that way.

His Reply:
"I don't own the vehicle it came out of so therefore I do not have the vin# I also provided pictures of the complete motor and I believe I would know how many miles are on my motor and if you would care to suggest that it has 129,000 miles on it then feel free not to bid. any other questions from INTERESTED bidders please feel free to drop me a question. thanks much, Pat--P.S> don't believe me?? look at my feedback. it speeks for itself."

a board member bought it and will be installing it shortly. He may speak on how it runs.

True dat.....I'll see how it runs....if nothing else, the heads, SC and IC are worth the $$ I paid for it all. I pick it up Friday eve.

Last edited:
Picked up the engine this evening. I will say it has oil/gease buildup of some sort on it, but I will also say that this is a very low mileage engine. The DIS and coil pack look brand new as do all the accessories, tensioners, belts and OEM radiator hoses. The SC is immaculate too. I am debating replacing the HGs b4 installing it. Assuming it has only 30,000 miles on it, the HGs would still be 17 yrs old. :eek:

Back