Found-'89 cougar

tony63

I just acquired a '89 Cougar XR7:D - A buddy of mine knew a guy who had one sitting in a field for 6 years.Said the fuel pump went bad, And his Kids did not want to drive it, so it sat..:confused: All I had to do was pull it out and it was mine:p .. I have spent the last 3 days chasing mice and cleaning.. Dang mice chew and leave acorns everywhere..:mad: Needs work but for the price(FREE) I can't complain.. Just so happy (Girlfriend does not understand) I had to tell someone:D .. I think me in the garage from when I get up-Work-and back to the garage is getting to her:confused: .. LOL

Tony

70 Mustang
89 Cougar XR7 (In work)
90 Tbird SC (needs paint)
91 Tbird 5.0L (Still waiting eng rebuild)
94 Tbird LX (Daily driver)
95 Tbird LX 4.6L (Girlfriends car)

Last edited:
nice find
let us know if the fuel pump fixes it. Hate to see cars go to waste over something stupid. My uncle just aquired a 280zx that has been sitting for somewhere in the range of 10-15 years because the clutch went out. Interior is mint, but exterior has taken a beating.

Post some pics.

A friend of mine had an uncle that parked a 67 fastback in the field and let it rot and get eatin by mice for nothing. Just didn't want to drive it anymore and wouldn't sell it.

Pics

Here are some pics of the 89 Cougar I retrieved.. I got it running today.. Had to chase down a broken wire for the fuel pump and replace the pump.. Took a day and ahalf..One to find the wire-half to replace the pump. And replace the crank sensor-Mice chewed the wires... I need to repair wires to the rear brake pump..(Mice) And get a Carpet and headliner.. Dang mice chew every thing.. Cleaned out five nest- (Glove box-Headliner-Trunk-On top of battery-And in heater fan) Car sat since 1999..Sounds like the rearend is making noise when I spin the driveshaft.. Will have to wait untill the brakes are done to check that..
Will keep you posted..

Tony :D

89 Cougar XR7 (In work)
90 Tbird SC (Needs paint)
91 Tbird 5.0 (Needs rebuild)
94 Tbird 3.8 (Daily driver)
95 Tbird 4.6 (Girlfriends)

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Last edited:
Luckly mine was only sitting for like just over a year when i bought it ($500cdn)... But saddly it only ran for like 10 minutes max untill the con rod decided it wanted to break out and run away :D

It's nice to see another one being rescued thou :)

Nice find. Auto or 5-speed?

now that's a good question.. Finding a 5spd out in the field would of been awesome

Saddly mine was a Auto.. Recently rebuilt, but auto now-the-less :)

Flex:
I'm just a Wee bit left of you.. about 10-12 hour drive depending how one drives (I'm on SCCoWC under another name ;) )

just to brag.. and wish i knew how to get it so it does Thumbnails that you can click on.. but..

As found parked for over a year, luckly not in a field
Sitting Next to the '91 all cleaned up

Ya- A 5 speed would have been SWEET:eek: But it is a Auto.. Still cannot complain for the price. :D (FREE).
I am still waiting for my buddy to turn the disks to finish the brakes. And I need to repair the wires to the rear brake pump. (MICE:mad: )
I will keep ya posted....

Tony

89 Cougar XR7 (In work)
90 Tbird SC (needs paint)
91 Tbird 5.0L (Still waiting eng rebuild)
94 Tbird LX (Daily driver)
95 Tbird LX 4.6L (Girlfriends car)

Like you said Tony, can't beat free even if it needs a bit of work.

91, $500 for that car is a steal bro. That drive would take me ~8 hrs lol.

Back