now its running but its searching and dieing

mazdaman6565

I've got a 90 xr7 and i finaly got the correct maf and now it runs but is hard to start. you have to pedal it sometimes. than when it runs it will be smooth for a minute then almost die rev up then almost die run rough smoothout than will die. not always in that order. i did aLot of work to it but it will run smooth like it should sometimes. it will usually run for 10 min. please help. if i cant figure it out soon im going to sell it. i hate to becuse it should be a blast.

What have you changed so far? A number of things can cause those symptoms. I had a simular problem with my 90 xr7. turned out to be the rubber seal for the baffle on the fuel pump. it had enough pressure to run but not well. it would idle for a few minutes then just stall.

codes

ran codes today and got 8888 and 6666 im guessing 66 is the maf but what is the 88? I put new head gaskets ported blower new 255lpm pump and I put a maf from a member on here i bought.

New mass? do you have the right sample tube for the size injectors you are using? Vaccum leaks? It is something simple. Dont quit its just a matter of trying to figure out what change you made went wrong. Put the stock mass back on and see if it runs.

Back