Drain holes on the tail lamps.

ricardoa1

I see most thunderbirds, earlier ones are the worst, create this dark spot starting from the drain holes of the tails. It is more noticeble at night.
I am thinking of sealing them shut so no dirt will creep in there.
Are they drain holes, vent holes for moisture, or what?
Anyone succesfuly cleaned them, and sealed them?

Here is a stolen photo from some one in the for sale section so you see what I am talking about.
"Thunder 427" If it bothers you Ill take the pic down

DSCN0321.jpg

That picture looks to be burned out LEDs to me. I don't know of any stock "drain holes" in the tail lights.

-Miller

That car doesnt have leds its an older bird but if you look close. You can see the four dark areas on the reflective part of the assembly. Also lift the trunk and look underneath you will see four opening on the bottom of them. dirty air gets in there and settles in the housing creatin that ugly effect.

That car doesnt have leds its an older bird but if you look close. You can see the four dark areas on the reflective part of the assembly. Also lift the trunk and look underneath you will see four opening on the bottom of them. dirty air gets in there and settles in the housing creatin that ugly effect.
Ahhh... thanks for the tip. Goes to show you, you can learn something new every day. :cool:

Grab some pipe cleaners and a spray bottle of cleaner and you can get the dirt out of those little holes. Spray cleaner in, drag crap out with pipe cleaner. Takes a bit of time but it lookes way better.

Woops just took a quick glance and on the red car I didn't see the portion over the plate.

I have cleaned mine off the car with soap and water and it looks a lot better but was a lot of work

Back