Can someone identify what these are called?

sizemoremk

Mine too are worn, and I need to replace them along with my LCAs...

Thanks!

Attachments

• whatrthese.jpg
    whatrthese.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Well that rod (strut rod???) is going through the LCA.

I am trying to figure out based on some other posts and pictures what these things are called.

I am on a boat right now in the middle of the pacific for awhile, and want to do some suspension renewal, got some pops and such, and several bushings need replaced...

Does anyone know if get the TRW part #s 10771 and 10772, does the bushings for the part I circled come with???

Attached are pics from the advanceauto website part numbers above...

Attachments

• whatrthese2.jpg
    whatrthese2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 68
The shop manual calls it a tension strut F208-B.
and want to do some suspension renewal, got some pops and such, and several bushings need replaced...
Don't forget to make sure the k-member bolts are tight, if they aren't you may still have the pops after you replace every component in the front suspension.:mad:

Kurt

When i did my lower control arms they did NOT come with the bushings that go there...but i was using carquest/big a lowers and OEM uppers...but ford still makes the bushings that go there. If the lower were still ava. fromt ford i would have used them.

Don't forget to make sure the k-member bolts are tight, if they aren't you may still have the pops after you replace every component in the front suspension.:mad:

Kurt

Roger that, I've checked these in the past, but I want to get the correct socket, whatever size it is before I try and tweak on em again.

Right now, I'm replacing the ones that look to need replacing...

Thanks!

strut rod bushing.....moog sells a plastic/delrin replacment for cheap. Comes with the cupped washers too.

thats it

MOOG Part # K8680 (control arm end)...the part your circled in red
getimage.php

MOOG Part # K8659 (at the k-member end)

getimage.php

roughly $20 and $30

Well that rod (strut rod???) is going through the LCA.

I am trying to figure out based on some other posts and pictures what these things are called.

I am on a boat right now in the middle of the pacific for awhile, and want to do some suspension renewal, got some pops and such, and several bushings need replaced...

Does anyone know if get the TRW part #s 10771 and 10772, does the bushings for the part I circled come with???

Attached are pics from the advanceauto website part numbers above...

Based on the picture above, and the description given here, these do come with the strut rod bushing. I was getting confused on several of these threads becasue that parts has a couple of names. Strut rod bushing and or tension rod bushing... But Duffy Floyd says these part numbers come with...
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=605409&postcount=12

Kurt
Hmmmm.. someone else ran across the same thing.. :rolleyes:

Hey, I like the pic you used for your post... I thought to myself "hey, that looks like my junk". Then I realized it IS my junk, lol. :D

I just bought all the parts I need for the front end a couple days ago, here's what I got...

The 10771 and 10772 lower control arms from Advance Auto Parts DO come with the strut rod to control arm bushings. These both had to be ordered.

I bought my upper control arms at O'Reilly's. The brand on the box is ADC (Auto Drive), but the parts inside had TRW on them. They had one side listed at $41.99 and the other at $51.99, but I had them price match AutoZone and I got them for $41.99 each. Part numbers K8596 and K8598.

I also bought my sway bar link kits at O'Reilly's. Part number K8633 at $24.99 each (2 required).

I went to AutoZone to buy my "strut rod bushings to frame" bushings. Part number FA1771. There are bushings for both sides in the box, so only one part is required. $22.99

O'Reilly's
K8596 Upper control arm $41.99
K8598 Upper control arm $41.99
Qty 2 K8633 sway bar links 2 @ $24.99 = $49.98

Advance Auto Parts
10771 Lower control arm with strut rod bushings $57.48
10772 Lower control arm with strut rod bushings $57.48

AutoZone
FA1771 Strut rod to frame bushings $22.99

Total before tax = $271.91

Back