odd noise / odder analogy

jflynn13

After doing some searching (3days worth) here and on the web I can't find anything about the noise. Car: 1990 XR7. When at low RPM while driving at around 10 to 20 mph. There is a noise coming from the engine compartment. It sounds like when pressure is released and there is a squeal. The best I can think of is. When you have a really bad cold and stuffed up nose and you can hear the pressure in your sinuses change. That is what it sounds like. Any ideas?

haha, dude I have no clue about your problem but I love your analogy. Does it just do it while you are keeping a constant speed or slightly changing speed?

only at lower speeds and low RPM. for example: at a light, you creep into the intersection to make a turn or slow down as you approach for a turn, stop sign, light, etc....

I could not think of another body function analogy for this example....:D

PS pump......:confused:

Does it do it if you are not moving and turning the steering wheel back and forth....

PS pump......

Does it do it if you are not moving and turning the steering wheel back and forth....

I only notice it before, during or after turning at slow speeds. I was thinking maybe I have air in the master cylinder? I can only hear it at slow speeds, 10 - 15 mph or slower. That most likely because the noise gets drowned out by the engine noise. It is a quiet sound. I can probably fix it by putting in a louder stereo 'cause if I can't hear it, it must be fixed, right?:D :)

Back