Oil cooling lines

Grims95SC

I'm TRYING (and failing) to finish up the final assembly on my engine. I wanted to get the passenger side accessory bracket on but noticed the oil coolant lines are way too far forward. It looks like they bolt up to the motor mount but I can't seem to get them far enough back.
If I can wiggle them all the way back, where do they hook up to? I sat on my back under the car for a good 30 minutes looking around but I'll be damned if I can see where. Unfortunatly its been so long since I pulled it all out I am forgetting where everything goes.
HELP!!!

I'll see what I can,,,,,,,,,see?

I am not sure, but I can go out and take a look, if you give me a better idea what i am looking for, I don't remember the oil cooler lines being on the pass side of the motor, but it has been a while since I was under there, a pic would be great. but either way I will take a look and see what I ummm,,see. also maybe someone else will chip in.
Matt

I just yanked my motor a couple of weeks ago (it's still out btw) and I'm almost positive my oil cooler lines ran down the drivers side of the block.But the tranny cooler lines ran down the passenger side.Yeah post a pic and I'll also take a look and try to help ya out.

Jay

Yeah if they are hard lines on the passenger side, its for the transmission. The Oil cooler uses a rubber hose that passes below the harmonic balancer and up to the water pump. You shouldnt have anything in the way of getting the accessory bracket installed unless they are bent out of shape.

- Dan

thought so

I thought those would be transmission lines, I have a 5 spd so I wouldn't even know what those look like, but pics are nice
Matt

P1000603.jpg

Here's a pic which should help. They're the two metal lines on the left side (passanger side) of the picture. Which I assume now are the trans lines. Are they on the right side and where do they attach to the trans? I know where they attach to the rad, that's the easy part.

Yeah those metal lines with the rubber built into them ? Can you undo the part where they bolt onto the mount bracket ? That should give you enough room to move them around. They attach to the passenger side of your transmission, right behind the bellhousing area, above the oil pan. The only two hard lines that go into your transmission. 13mm wrench would take those off no problem, might drip some fluid out too.

But from your picture, they dont look to be in the way of anything at all. Your passenger side accessory bracket should bolt right up, the transmission lines are far enough down that they wouldnt interfere with that at all.

Your driver's side accessory bracket is in the picture hanging down below the lines, is that the one you are trying to put back on ?? Where is the passenger side bracket ?

- Dan

The passenger bracket is in the truck. You know, for weight distribution. But srsly, I put it back so I'd have a little more room 'til those lines are hooked up.
I have some time now so i'm going to crawl under there and see if I can see where you're talking about.

I think that you will have to take the exhaust out to get to the fittings at the trans. Maybe you won't, but I couldn't get at them with the front section of the exhaust in place.

Back