Normal 94 auto tranny or malfunction?

Rpdboss

Now that I got this 100K 94 auto running properly (seems to be) I took it for another plateless test drive around the block (5miles). The car seems to shift to early into every gear and lugs the engine and uses 0 to +5 boost to accelerate normally. I know this is an electronic controlled tranny so maybe theres a problem with load calculations or maybe thats just how a 94-95 auto drives. seems to drive better if I use the o/d cancel to bring the rpms up a bit more before upshifting.
A seprate question is i noticed two nickel sized holes in my cats, one on each. Maybe rust out or more issues... I'm trying to fix this one up realy nice for my brothers college fraduation gift.:) Then I get my 94 5spd i'm waiting on, wife says one SC at a time.

Not sure about the tranny on your car, but the symptoms you describe are the exact same types common to all AODs that have a disconnected Throttle-Valve cable (TV cable).With thecable disconnected, the trans will 'stack shift' into high gear almost immediatly.
Bad thing is if you drive it like this for only a short while (5 miles or less!) it can fry the transmission.
If yours has a TV cable, check it immediatly.

No tv cable on a 4r70W trans. These had the worst of all valve bodys. Try jerrys shift improver on tccoa. There is also a mlps sensor on the side of the trans that if moisture get in there it make the trans down shift with out warning.
The shift points are controlled by the cpu and can be reflashed but I found that Jmod works great on these.

Back