Anyone know the jet sizes for a 650?

Chriss....Very important on a vac sec card is the spring for the secondaries. If you feel anything more aggressive then a smooth transition your secondaries are either opening to late or to soon

That wont be hard to figure out. The clutch is STOUT. I stuck this carb on the engine after totally failing with the Edelbrock. When I FINALLY figured out that the throttle shafts were leaking so badly that I could not tune it, I just grabbed one of my spare carbs. I stuck the Holley on there and it ran a TON better. It had been just sitting on the shelf in the garage for at least seven years.

Chris

Pull the float bowls off (4 screws) Unscrew the jets and read the number on them. Good time to put some new gaskets in anyways....Probably gonna be 61 primary and 68 or 72 secondarys. I have a holley 850 double pumper and it has 71 primarys and 78 secondaries.

I know how to read them, but the one I have is not a 650. I think it is a 700+ cfm setup. But the way this engine is set up, it will probably never see over 6K rpm.

Chris

So....for my next question... Who here has a bit of knowledge about carbs? I have the body of one that has all of the same size boosters. It is a vacuum secondary setup. I also found the body to one that has MUCH larger primary boosters. Is there an advantage to this? Is the throttle response better since technically it should suck more fuel through the larger boosters? Will it pull too much fuel causing the carb to load up?

The second body also has many less circuits on the primary side. So I am confused. I think one of them is an emissions carb and the other is an aftermarket. I dont know so I am hoping one of you can shed some light.

Chris

So....for my next question... Who here has a bit of knowledge about carbs? I have the body of one that has all of the same size boosters. It is a vacuum secondary setup. I also found the body to one that has MUCH larger primary boosters. Is there an advantage to this? Is the throttle response better since technically it should suck more fuel through the larger boosters? Will it pull too much fuel causing the carb to load up?

The second body also has many less circuits on the primary side. So I am confused. I think one of them is an emissions carb and the other is an aftermarket. I dont know so I am hoping one of you can shed some light.

Chris

Help is here!

If you want correct info and help on 650 Carbs I invite you to post the question you have on the FE Forum. There you will get correct info and help by the guys that run them and use them here is the link below

http://network54.com/Forum/74182/

Last edited:
Thanks Jim. I have posted carb questions on several other sites before. FullSizeBronco.com, LS1Tech.com, TurboMustangs.com and a few others. I can get help at some, but its hit and miss. I will check it out.

Chris

Back