Fuel leak concern, fixable or replaceable??

mywhite89

Well, I got my mpfmic, 255 fuel pump, upgraded tensioners, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator this week.

After getting the fuel pump in and fuel rail back on I tested fuel pressure at 40psi. After setting for about 5-10 minutes the pressure dropped to 32psi, so I went on a fuel leak hunt. The main fuel line beween the fuel tank and fuel filter is leaking in two spots slightly. I probably cracked these while changing out the pump, :eek: oops.

Is there a way to fix this line, or do I need to buy a new one? Its cracked in 2 spots about 4-5 inches from each other.

thanks,
chris

I think those are plastic lines, right? You could replace the busted sections with metal hard line (flared ends), which would be pretty easy. But I am not sure why they are plastic in the first place. Maybe someone else can chime in and mention if that's a safety concern or not?

Hey I ended up just buying a new line. Believe it or not this part is not discontinued through ford. In fact they had one in stock. Ford must have had problems with the plastic lines because they changed to steel. From ford you get the main feed line, the return line, and the evaporator line all in one kit. It's a nice setup that I will be installing tonight. Normal cost would be around $85.00 after tax.

chris

No, from the tank to the fuel filter. I put it on tonight and it fits well, threw away that little plastic cover in between the stock lines. Took me about an hour or so

Last edited:
Back