Window Motor

thundrburd

I was wondering if the window motor out of a 89 lx bird is the same as the one in the 95 sc birds, I have a 89 that Lx that I'm going to start parting out, but I figured if it was the same motor then I could get my damn window working again, thanks

I would think it should be the same one. It's worth trying, even if it turns out not to be. But I think it will work.

All of the power window motors for virtually all Fords during the 90's are interchangeable regardless of the model. I bought a new one from Autopartswarehouse.com for $16.99.

Yeah, I found the same thing last year. The stuff in the parts stores is brand new, not reman, new castings with new electrical and they are dirt cheap compared to most parts. I don't know how long they'll last but it's better than a junk yard part.

All of the power window motors for virtually all Fords during the 90's are interchangeable regardless of the model. I bought a new one from Autopartswarehouse.com for $16.99.

When did you pay 16.99? I haven't been able to find a new one for under $40. I also looked on autopartswarehouse.com.

I bought it 3 weeks ago. Get the one for a Taurus. They didn't show one listed for a TBird. I guess I should have mentioned that, sorry. The only difference was that the holes for the mounting bolts weren't tapped and I had to use longer screws with nuts. Works like a champ with plenty of power. And it did look like a new casting rather than a reman, made in China I presume.

will any year taurus window motor work ? I went to the parts store and they want 75 bucks for the damn thing , so if I can get one for a taurus for half price I would rather go that route, thanks

will any year taurus window motor work ? I went to the parts store and they want 75 bucks for the damn thing , so if I can get one for a taurus for half price I would rather go that route, thanks

They are so on crack. www.rockauto.com has them for under $32.00. I got mine at Autozone for $30.00 last summer.

I don't know what Taurus one that will work, but at rockauto those ones are a different number and cost $10 more.

i got ones out of a 94 in my bird right now. I was thinkn bout going and pulling a few more this weekend for backups/resale

J

Back