help please just replaced engine

jldtoker

ya i have a 91 tb sc i replaced the engine with a 89sc and it will start but idles a little ruff and when u go to drive it and put on the gass a little u can just watch the rpms fall and it just about dies. i took it out on the back road to test drive it and made it home goin about 15 mph it just dosent have power im pretty sure theres no vacume leakes all the senors and plugs are hooked up right, i repalced the ignition modualr, i got a computer scaner but havnt quite figured out how to read it yet and i cant always get it to throw a code unless i drive it bout 15 to 20 mins . can anybody give me a ideal about what it would be it would mean alot to me. this car has been sittin for a good 6 months or so and iv been dieing to get it running again and when i finnally did i cant even get runing good enough to drive. well thank you for any suggestions.

try this

I just did almost the same thing. I put a 89sc motor in 92sc and when I got done with it when I started it it had a ruff idle but didn't seem to be that bad but when I drove it it seemed like it had a bad vaccuum leak or the plug wires where wrong. Was bucking and felt like it had no power. So I did some checking and found out the DIS for the 89 is different from the 92 the difference must be in the computer so I got one from autozone for the 92 $128 (lifetime warranty) put it on the car took the neg battery cable off for about ten minutes so when you start it it will relearn the idle and that worked for me runs awsome now. Hope this will help.

Double check for vacuum leaks, it's easy to have one with all of the connections on the SC. Make sure the intercooler tubes are sealed up properly.

cheers
Ed N.

well i rechecked the sc tubes about 4 times there sealed. replaced the fuel filter and oxygen sensors and cleaned the MAF sensor and the car is still doing it i dont know what to do anymore. if u are under the hood and u give it gas real fast it just boggs down before it comes up and if u drive it, it feels like 50 horse power but theres no leaks or nocks on the engine iv changed and done everything i can and i know if i take it to a mechanic they arnt going to find the problem cuz frankly there idots on these cars im out of ideals ill take any advice. its a 89 engine in a 91 and i got a spare engine for parts and i can get any part i need to test it out any thoughts about what it could be.

Back