Dash pulled and wiring harness almost out

ScrapSC

Got to the garage after a week away from my car. Had to take a break from it due to the frustration of an electrical gremlin. I along with my father-in-law pulled the dash and console and checked the wiring. I then pulled the computer and the wiring out and into the engine compartment. After looking the wiring over we were not that pleased with what we saw and what had been done to the harness by the previous owner. I have another wiring harness to put back in and we hope to have that completed here in a week or so.

Coming to think of it there was a mouse nest in the car when I pulled the harness. :) No mouse at home but there was all the paper and crap they pile up to make one.

Seems the previous owner had hacked into several wires and then there was the other issues of tabs broken off of sensors. So I took the advice and decided to just replace it all instead of trying to hunt down a wire when there could be several chewed, hacked, or whatever else could have happened.

Would be nice to upgrade to the 93 but I havent located one of those harnesses or computer yet. Then as you said there are other things that need to be changed to make that one work.

I upgraded to a 93 dash in my 89. Wasn't a whole lot of differences actually. Pretty easy swap really, just takes some time

Changing the dash isnt that big a deal. Changing the wiring over to a 93 takes some changes and what needs to be added or changed I dont know.

What I do know is I have a good 90 harness and computer to put back in and I dont have a 93 or the computer for it........ Seems I will have to go back with the 90.......

Back