Need a design topic for school....

fastsc92

Looking for possible ideas for a design project for school. Basically this will sum up 4 years of engineering. I've done a thesis related project involving rotary force lift and wind tunnel testing that was very involved last semester but I'm looking for something new.

I'd like to keep it focused on something more mechanical rather than therory and analysis based. So far I've been thinking of making some sort of water-brake dyno for small nitro motors, but this idea has been played out in the years prior.

Anyone have any cool and serious ideas? It can be SC related, or anything mechanical. It can even be a new part or system for our cars. The focus is to design it, looking at all aspects and then build and test its opperation.

Are you limited as far as materials or tools go?

I think it would be cool to make a quick change ratio rear end by multiple links of gear reducers. In an enclosed case obviously.

We did the structural design work on Taipei 101. If I remember it used a 800 ton dampner which is designed to reduce building movement by up to 40%..LArgest building in the world I believe also at the moment until Burj Dubai is completed around 2009.

We also did the Petronas tower(#2)..

I truly think dampning is a worthwhiletopic... seriously

I already have a fix for it... run some street slicks. I've been using mine for 2 years now and no hop, AND 1.6 60' times :D

We did the structural design work on Taipei 101. If I remember it used a 800 ton dampner which is designed to reduce building movement by up to 40%..LArgest building in the world I believe also at the moment until Burj Dubai is completed around 2009.

We also did the Petronas tower(#2)..

I truly think dampning is a worthwhiletopic... seriously

Verry cool. Nothing like taking on the big ones!!
I'm a structural steel detailer (and reinforcing steel detailer) but have never gotten higher than 8 floors in steel and 12 floors in concrete.

I do forensic type work not the design. I just Marvel at it from time to time!

And get called in whan someone screws up:O)

Back