Mpi, Ii, Iii, X?

MP I - 94/95 Style case only. S port on top, inlet enlarged and matched to a MP Inlet Plenum
MP II - Early Style case only. S port on top, inlet chopped off and a new CNC'ed machine one glued on the rear. Similar to a 94/95 inlet but slightly larger and moved closer to the rotors.
MP III - Early Style case only. S port on top, inlet chopped off and a new CNC'ed machine one glued to the rear. Similar to a new generation M90 with a smile shape.
MPx - Brand spanking new case that is cast. Exactly the same as the MP III except with closer tolerances and the sound ports have been closed.

MP I - 94/95 Style case only. S port on top, inlet enlarged and matched to a MP Inlet Plenum
MP II - Early Style case only. S port on top, inlet chopped off and a new CNC'ed machine one glued on the rear. Similar to a 94/95 inlet but slightly larger and moved closer to the rotors.
MP III - Early Style case only. S port on top, inlet chopped off and a new CNC'ed machine one glued to the rear. Similar to a new generation M90 with a smile shape.
MPx - Brand spanking new case that is cast. Exactly the same as the MP III except with closer tolerances and the sound ports have been closed.

I hope you dont mean glued as in epoxy, but welded on.

They are epoxied...And I dont believe its possable for the inlet port to be moved closer to the rotors however.

The MPII was created from what I can see because there was a lack of 94-95 SC cases to be ported. Both the 94-95 case and MPII also use the standad MP inlet

MPI and MPII very similiar

The MPIII is a completwly new desighn and is sim to the MPII that the rear of blower is chopped and new peice epoxied on. Thsi blower has ist own inlet that can only be interchenged with the MPX which is a full blower casting of the MPIII with revised blower outlet containing no sound ports.

MPIII/MPX can be overdriven more for more boost then the MPI/II with less heat.

An S ported(MPI/II type port) 94/95 blower will do you well at a much cheaper price till you wanted to jump up to perhaps an MPX type blower

You would have to explain why a MP111 or MPX spun faster makes less heat. Logically there should be no diffrence. The inlet might allow the rotors to pick up more air flow. The bigger bearing might let it last longer at higher RPMs but it is still pushing all the air through the same outlet. I would like a better explaination of that:rolleyes: I can see why a bigger blower like a M112 would produce less heat, the outlet is huge compared to a M90 and is spinning slower but comparing a M90 to another M90 the outlets have not changed.

Ken

Ken the outlets have been ported and enlarged mattering on model. As per outlet temps thats a really good question.

As efficiency increases the heat decreases. Alot of testing has been done in the past to confirm that. I think Charles Warner would probably have some info as well.

The M112 would also benifit from porting in much the same way. Perhaps your next step Ken?

On lightnings and Cobras they typically see anywhere near a 40 degree drop in temps (dependent on whose testing) but I would think a majority of that to be from more IC surface area being used do to the opened up outlet. I have however seen information where the outlet isnt opened as much with still a drop in ACT temps.

Perhaps someone who has personal knowledge can tell their experiences with SC's m90's..But as far as I'm concerned in our case the reduction is due to better efficiency.

As efficiency increases the heat decreases. Alot of testing has been done in the past to confirm that. I think Charles Warner would probably have some info as well.

The M112 would also benifit from porting in much the same way. Perhaps your next step Ken?

On lightnings and Cobras they typically see anywhere near a 40 degree drop in temps (dependent on whose testing) but I would think a majority of that to be from more IC surface area being used do to the opened up outlet. I have however seen information where the outlet isnt opened as much with still a drop in ACT temps.

Perhaps someone who has personal knowledge can tell their experiences with SC's m90's..But as far as I'm concerned in our case the reduction is due to better efficiency.

Explain efficiency to me Damon when it concerns the diffrence between a MP11 and a MP111 or MPX. Is it the fact that the rotors can grab more air per reveloution at the inlet?. Most increases in efficiency I have read about usually come from a design diffrence in the rotor itself or increase in size. For myself, I like to know why something works. Some venders wanting to sell the newest and best product out there in any industry will always claim their product is the best. I think the MPX and MP111 are good products but like a lot of things, we have all taken for granted in the past like 42lb injectors will support 350rwhp. Everyone is saying overdriving a MPX 25% will produce less heat then earlier blowers. Mind mind is saying that isnt logical. Are we all excepting that simply because it is spread from one guy to the next? Is the outlet porting on a MP111 or MPX better than a MP11? They look the same. It seems to me moving more air through the same opening creates heat. Compare the M112 outlet with a M90. The M112 moves 22% more air with every reveloution at stock speed. If you reduced the outlet size on the M112 to the same size as the M90, say a restriction plate, would it not be logical for the M112 to generate a lot more heat? But we are told the M90 spinning 25%, about the same as a stock M112 will produce less heat? I might be missing something as I am not an engineer

Ken

Attachments

• Sc Top view comparison.jpg
    Sc Top view comparison.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 246
The inlet and out let are just as important. But inlet is a little more important on a compressor then the outlet. We are compressing arent we packing it into smaller space.
But also
Think of it as a vaccum cleaner. The vaccum cleaner starts to whine more when you clog the intake then the outlet.

The inlet and out let are just as important. But inlet is a little more important on a compressor then the outlet. We are compressing arent we packing it into smaller space.
But also
Think of it as a vaccum cleaner. The vaccum cleaner starts to whine more when you clog the intake then the outlet.

I beleive the MPX will move more air because it is spinning 25% faster, and I agree the intake allows the air to be freely picked up as the inlet is better designed. I just disagree that forcing 25% more air through the same outlet will result in less heat which is one of the good points advertised about the MPX. If you look at the M112, which is also made by eaton, same basic design even same size rotors,only longer it moves 22% more air but the fact is the outlet is about 22% larger as well. No more restriction to the air than a M90 turning at stock speed. We can over drive a M112 more but will it make less heat, I dont think so. All in all I am just trying to wrap up in my mind truth or fiction on the claims of the newer style M90. Im sure one of the smart guys on here will jump in and explain the heat factor to me

Ken

The oulet is larger also on the MPIII MPX.
Almost as big as the jaguar you posted.
005a_1.JPG

Ken,

No I am not saying that an M90 and an m112 moving the same amout of air will generate the same amount of heat. With porting of the supercharger on the inlet side we changing the way the rotors grab the air thus changing the efficiency. Of course you can change for the worse or for the better.

If you take a look at the standard 89-93 m90 oval port..Just bolting on a 94-95 with the same OD will net you an increase in power. Even with the same rotors (non coated) and a sim outlet. Now if we just to a S port blower it produces a better output then the 94-95 standard blower. The revised inlet and outlet makes the blower more efficient.

Now if we jump next to lets say a Gen V Eaton blower the inlet looks similiar to an MPIII/MPX. This design is Eatons latest and greatest and what Charles did as ESM had in the past with thier DIII port jobs is incorperated that design into the blower> I even believe ESM may have done it before Eaton had but regardless...Same blower..Upgraded ports..More efficiency

Now with the Jag blower you cant really follow the lightning/cobra port jobs as they cater to the fact they use an LI/AIR IC. But I am sure you could definitely with some groovy welding skills work in a DIII/MPIII/MPX/Gen V type port job.....Or even a mild port job sim to one that would be done on an 89-93 M90. Noones done it yet so who knows what the results will be

Ken,

Overdriving will not make less heat. But at the same blower RPM stock for ported is where the heat reduction will be. There is no reason why porting the m112 would not gain the same effect. Like everything there is a limit and I dont know what it is on an m112 Jag blower

Also the MPX will move more air becaue its OD at 25%..However you cant od a stock unported m90 25%..The heat generated would be insaine..WIth no gains

Last edited:
An MPX allows for closer tolerances in the casing which improves efficiency of the blower, meaning that it gets the compressed air out of it faster.

A MPIII with the same overdrive is not as efficient, will not move quite as much air out, but 25% is still acceptable.

These 2 blowers will operate efficiently with up to 25% overdrive. Efficiently-meaning at 25% overdrive, they can flow enough of that extra air through them without too much heat build up.

With the other m90's they can only flow 15% to run as efficient as the first 2 blowers. Run a MpI or II at 25% and you will hurt your performance more then help it because of the reduced flow capabilities.

Thats what I assume anyways

Last edited:
Just want to make sure everyone knows, a roots supercharger does NOT compress air like a turbo charger does. It's more like a fan that forces large quantities of air to pressurize in the manifold. Hence why it's called a "blower". :p

Now that that is out of the way...

Ken,

The MPX is more efficient due to the fact that there are less restrictions on the inlet and outlet portions of the blower casing. Since there are less restrictions, less heat will be generated by moving a specific displacement of air (i.e. 400cfm) as compared to previous generation M90s.

In oher words, since the air flows easier it doesn't build up as much heat through turbulence and what-not, and as a bonus, less power is used to move said air.

Just want to make sure everyone knows, a roots supercharger does NOT compress air like a turbo charger does. It's more like a fan that forces large quantities of air to pressurize in the manifold. Hence why it's called a "blower". :p

:confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :cool:
They all have the same effect. The air compressed is caused by the back pressure in the intake.
Although you are right other chargers have some internal compression

Maybe you can send in a correction to this article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superchargers

Last edited:
I have another question about these blowers.What's the fastest qtr mile times one can expect from the MPI,MPII,MPIII,and MPX?On average anyways.

Jay

Back