need some advice please !!

89tird

hello theres a guy selling a sc up in central fl , and im really interested is a 93 a/t says transmission was rebuilt , but the car might need head gaskets and a fan , interior fair has a few body bruises , selling for $600 good deal ?

Value

If you want the headgaskets done, its going to be about 1200.00 to have them done. do them your self, alot less. Its really up to u if the cars worth doing the work to. Heck, maybe you can do upgrades right away. Its really up to you and your pocket book. Remember, a running car is worth 400.00. Thats general rule of thumb

damn 1200 for headgaskets , is it a pain in the @&^ to do them ? i got another car that i drive everyday, so i would have time to work on this , it all depends on how hard it is and on $$$ , btw thanks for the quick response !

Last edited:
Standard Shop Hours x Hourly Rate + Parts = 1200 or more
It's not that hard, it's just time consuming. I did mine about 3 years ago and I am glad I did. I learned a lot about the car doing it.

I think your better off buying a car that's already running. If the head gasket failure got coolant in the crankcase the bearings may be shot too. If the motor has been sitting for a long time with a blown HG, there is also a good chance one or more cylinder is full of coolant which has likely pitted the cylinder walls. The fact that he mentions the fan sounds like it overheated, so there may be some other problems that aren't going to be apparent until it's running again.

Then again it might be fine and just needing a fan.

David

ya he said he took it off the road a month an a half ago but that he was driving it with no problems , the car has reconditioned heads , and btw 30,000 miles :eek: , but still i thought about the overheating problem and im not to sure if its a good deal , anyway of driving it down for more than 200 miles with a couple of juggs of coolant in the trunk ??

Might need headgaskets and a fan..

Might being key word.

Sounds as though his fan could have taken a crud or his IRCM.

Check oil for Antifreeze....If non is present car runs he may have just overheated it due to a faulty fan.
Reconditioned heads means he did the gaskets.

May be a good project and as Manny said a few hundred if you do the labor. Good learning experience if anything

lol yay !! if the car is bad the interior is still worth some money , plus i could park it on my backyard and do the work , all i need to do is bring some tools from work , i checked the carfax , no bad records at all and the car has spent its whole life in fl so hopefully no rust !!

Seriously check to see if it still runs..HE may have stopped driving due to it overheating from no fan.

Of coure still check for antifreeze in oil..If thats the case you wont want to run it to long...Listen for funny noises while running..If you hear any ....Run from the car!...

If you end up getting it we can guide you as to what to do.

Good luck

thank you , he says that it runs and drives so ill go see whats up with it , thanks for the help and support , hopefully ill join the club soon :cool:

well didnt want to tell you guys it was an auction on ebay , but i won it !! $620 bucks , looks like ill be around here for a while , i gotta see when i could go pick it up , thank you guys

help!!

help !!! dont know what to do , the car is 320 miles away , didnt know enterprise doesnt rent trucks with hitches , u haul charges me like 350 buks one way , i car drive the car down because it overheats , anybody know of any service that is cheaper than this to bring the car down ????

Back