Dayton meet aftermath/turbo car

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
Since I still had nearly a full tank of race gas left over from the meet, I decided to drive it to work today with the boost level and tune set the same as when I raced it a couple weeks ago in Dayton. Only difference was street tires instead of the ET drags.

WoooHooo...Smoked the tires for a couple hundred feet just rolling into the throttle at 70 mph in 3rd gear :eek: :eek: .

David

Sorry I can't help myself...the power is addictive :D

The only thing I've ever driven that came close to this kind of power was a 2 stroke Kawasaki 750 back in the mid 70s and even it wasn't this insane.

David

The only thing I've ever driven that came close to this kind of power was a 2 stroke Kawasaki 750 back in the mid 70s and even it wasn't this insane.

David

I have a 2 stroke 750 in my Kawasaki Jetski .... uhhh ... yeah. :rolleyes:

- Dan

David

Nice.....when your sig has those numbers. You are entitled to brag and brag I would.

Not bragging...just sharing all the fun I'm having. I've been working on this car for more than 3 years, and it's finally giving me some enjoyment instead of greif.

David

PS: Headed to WFC 10 in Indy tomorrow morning with the 91 for 3 days of another type of fun.

Not bragging...just sharing all the fun I'm having. I've been working on this car for more than 3 years, and it's finally giving me some enjoyment instead of greif.

David

PS: Headed to WFC 10 in Indy tomorrow morning with the 91 for 3 days of another type of fun.

Man wish I could be having that kind of fun with mine I just got it to idle the other day without stalling. I found a guy in Kentucky that works or worked at Holley that is willing to help get it tunned.

Good luck Dave I may see you Saturday at WFC.

Chris

He's right. That ain't bragging. That's being proud. :D

............and we're all just jealous! :eek:

Ira

I dunno if I can allow you to have so much power. I think you should give it to somebody else. Like me! :D

Seriously though, its cool to see your work has finally paid off.

Next time I am out that way I want a ride. I really am happy for you. You sure have put a lot of time money and effort into that car.

Back