Sc beats Lightning

mannysc

yesterday I had the fun of beating a lightning ,
we were on freeway he kept flashing lights coming along side flooring it backing off,

we got off freeway and were side by side at street light there was no traffic,
no homes just emty feilds both sides of road so i said what the hell,

light turned green he hit gas first he got a fender on me yeah yeah i was ,
snoozin i did my best launch just slightly squeeling tires almost perfect traction just a hint of wheelspin,

reved it to 5'000 rpms held gas to floor speed shifted to second,
tires gave way but at this point i was ahead a half car he gained back a 1/4 car I let off and reapplied gas and pulled on him hit third and was a full car ahead,
hit 4th and was doing 100 mph then let off he was close to 3 car lenghts behind me .

that was my best lightning kill to date ive beat others but not by this much at most ive only gained a car before.

he challanged me to race his 2006 corvette not a zo6 a standard vette with auto trans .

anyone know what 1/4 mile times they lay down its compleatly stock we are to head to fontana ca track to do this race .he wants traction and i want to use slicks and bolt on my parts im running a surprizingly stock engine

Im not sure...my bro took his 86 AUTO turbocoupe to the track for his first time ,3 inch mandrel turbo back, no cat or muffler,24lbs boost cold air...not too much and ran a 14.6 and a crappy 60 ft of 2.4, he was against a zo6 vette that only ran a 13.7 on slicks!! my bro was on 225 50 16 street tires...thats all i have to offer, thanx

the lightning had only a snow kit that i could see, and a crank pully he said was a 6 lb pulley. my best has been a mid 13 1/4 as is if i install my parts I make i could lower my et some im running a stock inlet ported to D shape but its still small on tb side a D shaped blower with vee work 10% crank pulley,
5% jackshaft, 70mm tb home brewed maf,

42 inj thank you very much, ported heads ported exh manifolds my own cam 89 stick cam with 50k cut pistons mounted left bank on right side right on left . " pistons are offset to one side by turning them around left right it unloads the piston less side thrust gives a few hp back old school trick ,
I learned from my dodge days"

327 gears home brewed exh, thats it not real trick stuff just the D shaped blower which is due for replacement with a S port style

well you get some banana liquer, some chocolate liquer, mix with some cherry liquer add some ice blend it up serve over snow ice " ground up like snow" and add whipped creme to the top some nuts and enjoy .

taste like a banana split but knocks you on your butt " great for first dates"

thats whats brewing over here oh yeah and coffee.

Man if I ever get out to the left coast again we have to go have a few together you rock!!:D

Your crazy manny, but then again, I have riden shotgun in your SC and that beast you have just screams. Hey call me up, I have a couple of parts you can use for the track. :cool: Oh yeah, and you must take someone to take video or the runs. :)

next time your at my house I want to video our cars side by side and a few burnouts ill even drag out the demon for a few burnouts

Back