Yep. I am a moron....

A1cntrler

Several weeks ago I take the Annie out for it's weekly drive down the street about 2 miles to the auto parts store. About 4 days before that I put on a different supercharger and put on my set of teflon gaskets. So I'm cruising to the store, not on it hard at all. Coming up through 3rd gear and it stumbles. I get out of the gas, and all seems normal. I continue on and park it at the parts store. I go in, get what I need and come back out. IT won't start. I figure I had a gasket leak. Guess I'll get it towed home and work on it later on. I call AAA, get it towed (When did they change thier policy to that if you are towed more then 5 miles, it will cost $5 per mile payable to the tow truck driver?? I only had 2 to go, so did not apply.) I get it home, unloaded off the rollback and pushed into the garage. It sat for a while and waited for me to have some time to get to it. Today was the day. I pushed it back out of the garage, took the pipes off of it and the SC top. Got out the dremel and cleaned the mating surfaces extra good, maing sure there weren't and nicks or burrs that might have been causing a problem. Put it all back together and fired it up (tried to) Sounded exactly the same. Would start to run, but then give up. Somewhat disgusted, I was about to just start tearing it down for my motor swap. I figured I would put a little bit of gas in it just to try. (I have had it around "E" since I got it last December and put only 75 miles on it since then) I put in a gallon of gas, turn the key and it fires right up. I am a moron. I assumed that the teflon gaskets were the problem. Why would it be something as obivious as out of gas???

Guess I can wait longer on the motor swap.....

LOL .. yeah gas helps.

I went out to eat with my Lady a couple months back .. on the way back, the Gas light comes on, so I mentioned that she needs to fill it up ( its her car ) .. she goes to work the next day, comes home for lunch, goes back, comes back home, then picks up the baby to take him to a doctor's appointment. 10 minutes later I get a call ... " uhh .. the car stopped working" .. did you get gas since yestrday ?? " no " .. okay. So I get my 1 gallon spare gas tank, and drive there pretty fast because the baby has an appointment. Just my luck, I get pulled over by a cop with his radar gun, he didnt get me on the radar but I got pulled over. I explained my situation and he let me off with a warning. Whew !! So I get there, and put the baby in my car and she takes him to the appointment. I put the 1 gallon of gas in, and NO START !! .. SO, I had to call my buddy to bring more gas, 1 gallon just wasnt enough for her Chevy SUV. What a day.

And the moral of the story is, PUT GAS IN YOUR CAR WHEN ITS ON E !!! :D

- Dan

Back