Q's for mannysc

james5275

Hey everyone,
Hows the weather down there? Already been in Nebraska for 2 years, time flies ya know.
I Still have the 90 sc and have been seriously thinking about streamlining the intake system.
Manny- since you are the inverted guru I figured you are the one to talk to.

Here's what brings up this subject.....
I just bought a new daily driver, call me a trator, but it's a 96 Oldsmobile LSS. Ever heard of them? Its just like an olds 88, but with all the bells, whistles, and oh-yea- a blown M90 3.8! I believe it's a similar drivetrain to the GTP's.
I installed a vac/boost gauge and only show 4-5 lbs of boost max. Did you see a drop in boost when you went inverted? I havnt done much research on this car yet, but am curious to know if the inverted set up flows better, and if intake temps stay reasonable. We can always cool those temps with nitrous anyway right?! Thanks for the help and ideas everyone!
JJ

Last edited:
the gm m90s make 6-8 lbs boost max they have no intercoolers, you may have a worn blower bad bearings can make boost lower as rotors dont haven the tight clearance also the coating on rotors may be peeling off, worn blower belt?

the inverted setup makes more boost that stock sc style at wot it has less restrictions the ic on supercoupes is a big bottle neck so is the blower top to a point your blower is not as overdriven as our sc's

you can go to a smaller blower pulley, and at gtp site they have crank pulleys to over drive blower up to 20% over stock. but a water to air intercooler is needed. any ?s email me at mannysc@msn.com or call 909-475-8352.

my inverted which is going back on my sc makes more hp than all my mods for stock layout combined.

and air flow is better in lower manifold the stock layout comes in at back and flows akwardly to the front ports the inverted is centraly located and has even flow to all cylinders.

dumb idea!!!!!

I know this is a dumb idea, but has anyone ever tried eliminating the I/C and leaving the S/C in the stock position? I'm just brainstorming. Ofcourse the inverted set up will be more efficient. Do you think a raised top plumbed straight into the intake plenum would produce some gain? Yea yea, I know it's not the right way to do it, but I'm limited in skills, materials, time money, and a fast car! Thanks for the input.
jj

ill send you a oil pan prick " aka prick racing" but you need to send me yours so i can weld it up for my91 sc that im robbing it from
I just removed it and am cleaning it up to send cant ship oily stuff they dont like it

Back