water pump gasket

ThunderDave

Is the water pump gasket available without buying the pump? I think mine is leaking now, since I replaced both radiator hoses. looks like a lot of pressure looking for the weakest area to escape. :mad: :confused:

I might try tightening the bolts first just to see if that will help, but if it doesn't, can I buy just the gasket alone. I do have s heet gasket making material. Maybe I'll make my own.

Is the water pump gasket available without buying the pump? I think mine is leaking now, since I replaced both radiator hoses. looks like a lot of pressure looking for the weakest area to escape. :mad: :confused:

I might try tightening the bolts first just to see if that will help, but if it doesn't, can I buy just the gasket alone. I do have s heet gasket making material. Maybe I'll make my own.

Yes you can buy the gasket by its self here is the part number 35414 at advance auto parts 2.44 cents just got one myself !!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if your front timing cover was leaking as well.

I hope not. Already went through that on the red 91 I had. It looks like the leak is higher up and running down the front of the timing cover.

I might get to pull some of the front off tomorrow to have a look.

Thanks for the part number SVT.

I have a similar leak turns out the intake gaskets are leaking coolant near the front and running down.:(

right after you get done driving it, squeeze your radiator hoses and see if you can find the leak. The system is all pressurized, I have found leaks that way before.

I also think my thermostat might have been sticking before. After cranking, it would warm up and go up to about R before dropping back down to N, I assume that was the t-stat opening. Now it just slowly goes up to N and stays there. I still don't see anything leaks. Maybe it was just getting used to new hoses and coolant. :rolleyes:

Back