to those with a J-Chip

K

Ken94

to those with a J-Chip

Will I be able to shift into overdrive at wide open throttle with one installed. That's about my biggest problem right now and it's pissing the hell out of me!!! Thanks in advance!
--Ken

yes

assuming that there isn't a problem with your trans, you should. I can with my J-chip and 94SC.

If you can't shift into OD now at WOT, it may not be a problem a chip can fix. You'd have to post a message for Jerry or one of the 4R70W gurus.

Brian

Re: yes

Ken:

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but why would you want to shift into OD at WOT ?

You should be able to go well over 100 mph in third. Shifting into OD with a locking converter at full tilt is very hard on the tranny, especially the OD band.

David

ahhh crap!!!

I was afraid of this, apparently I wasn't paying attention, the the problem lies from 2nd to 3rd. Damn it!!!!! It won't shift unless I give it like 3/4 throttle and even at that it's delayed. Bastards. Anyone have any idea's? Thanks!
--Ken

Ken???

Ken,

The 4R70W is a slightly different beast than the AOD. If you are having trouble on the 2-3 wot shift, it's not your computer's fault(sort of). You might have tranny problems or like in my case, mods have caused the tranny to shift too slow to avoid the 5300 rev limiter.

Not sure but I thing the original cal on the 94-95 SC had the converter locked in 2nd above a certain vehicle speed. This would mean a 2-3 shift with the converter locked.

Did you change the gears in the rear recently?

Joe Santillo

had this same problem w/ my 95....

On the 2-3 shift that is. After I got all my mods, my car was accelerating faster than the tranny could shift. As a result I was smacking the rev limiter before it would shift into 3rd. Threw in a Transgo shift kit - problem solved. Now it shifts quick and hard with an occasional chirp into 3rd. The 1-2 shift will snap your neck.

Thanx for the info

I don't have any other mods other than exhaust though. I dunno, any other idea's? Thanks guys!

Back