which hose is this

oneloudsc

cant find my book and need to figure out which hose this is. its on the passenger side and its connected to a metal tube down by the firewall and half way up it turns into a metal tube that has threaded peace that looks like it has some temp sensor screwed into and it is also bracketed to the engine then the metal tube turns back into hose and goes up onto the top of the engine near the front where its connected whats this hose called im trying to get to the parts store before they close thanks jim

its a 95 t-bird sc auto

Last edited:
it sounds like the heater hose that runs from the manifold, along the side of the motor and then back to the firewall to the heater core. it does have a temp. sending unit located side by side with the fuel lines.

bypass

would it be ok to bypass this part and run a straight hose just for a few days or a cheaper way to go about this the ford dealership want 125 dollars for a new hose

Hose

Leave the metal piece and just replace the hose on the side that is leaking. Take a pair of wire cutters or a grinder, and get rid of the metal fitting that is over the hose end where the metal tube and hose connect. (If using the grinder don't go to deep, as you don't want to grind into the metal tube under the hose) Remove the old hose, might have to use a knife to get it off.
Now get a piece of heater hose and a couple of clamps and your good to go. This is a permanent fix. Don't bother paying the $ for the Ford part.

JT

Leave the metal piece and just replace the hose on the side that is leaking. Take a pair of wire cutters or a grinder, and get rid of the metal fitting that is over the hose end where the metal tube and hose connect. (If using the grinder don't go to deep, as you don't want to grind into the metal tube under the hose) Remove the old hose, might have to use a knife to get it off.
Now get a piece of heater hose and a couple of clamps and your good to go. This is a permanent fix. Don't bother paying the $ for the Ford part.

JT

depending on where your leak is either do like Jim says or if you don't need to cut it that far down just get a hose coupling ( straight or 90 degree bend), heater hose and clamps and repair. Mine split near the front by the bend and I used the 90 degree coupling and hose for my fix. If it didn't have that sensor on it I would have run a new piece of heater hose all the way to the firewall.

Back