replaced P/S pump, now alternator problems

SuperDad

I replaced my P/S pump about a month ago & I think I reconnected everything OK. The car starts up just fine, but the alternator is not charging my battery. All the connections seem to be good, before I take out the alt. & bring it to a shop (to have tested), is there anything I can look for?:rolleyes:
Thanks

There are two sets of wires. One goes to the back stud on the alternator, the other is the plug. If those are in place, then it could just be the alternator is bad or maybe a loose wire in the connector. I'd look over it a little more.

Check the fusible link that goes from the starter relay on the fender to your alternator. I think it's a turqouise colored wire. There's 3 small wires that are spliced into your main power wire for the alt. one is the fuse link. When mine broke the insulation looked fine but the core of the wire was fried inside and it was easy to feel it broken inside the insulation. If that's the problem then you can buy fuse link wire at autozone to replace it.

I will give it one more look over, before I pull the alt. When the P/S pump broke, the pulley sheared away from the pump, so maybe it put a lot of stress on the alt.
Thanks

Back