This could be a new fix......

ecyrbh

Not sure if this will work or if it has been tried before but here it is.......I work in a Golf Car Dealership and as you know most of the cars are battery powered.The electronic speed controll box is mounted in a large aluminum bracket or as its called,a heat sink.This box uses a thermal mounting pad that is self adhesive on one side to help insulate and dissapate heat between the two parts.Just a thought about the DIS modules on our cars needing something like this makes me wonder if this might help solve a lot of problems.If my car was in running condition,I would be willing to try it.If someone thinks it might work,find a local EZ-GO Golf Car dealer and get a part #73190G01....Here's hoping I don't get slammed.........:0)

No,Not with me.Iwill see if I can scan one tomorrow and post it up.Just looking at one today,it appears to be about the same size as a DIS module on the back side.Feels almost silicone like...............

Good idea, but IMO the bracket it sits on gets way too hot anyways. Ford moved the dis to the fender in 94/95, quite possibly because mounting sensitive electronics so close to the head was the worst idea ever

I slid a large heatsink under the dis and then isolated it from the bracket, works good.

Just a thought.

Back