sc cam question

dwinthrup

I know there is a difference between the 89 auto & 5spd but what of the other years? the reason why I ask is tomorrow I'm going to be putting a 89 sc auto on to my 91 5spd car and want to know it I need or should swap cams for whatever reason. I know the 89 5spd has a special grind and the auto is the same as the n/a so what should I do?

Just keep in mind the that 5-speed cars have a pilot bearing on the back side of the crankshaft. Automatic engines do not have that. If I am understanding you correct you are putting an 89 engine into your 91. You will need a pilot bearing if this is the case

I know there is a difference between the 89 auto & 5spd but what of the other years? the reason why I ask is tomorrow I'm going to be putting a 89 sc auto on to my 91 5spd car and want to know it I need or should swap cams for whatever reason. I know the 89 5spd has a special grind and the auto is the same as the n/a so what should I do?

Looks like they should be identical cams, so swapping probably wouldn't make a difference. Here's a post with the specs of the various factory cams:

Factory cam spec post

Back